Author Topic: 150 ish Bhp  (Read 21341 times)

Tommy D

• http://www.myspace.com/foundtom
150 ish Bhp
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2006, 12:03:54 AM »
Fiatfsm, shut up #####! - (Foul Language removed, if such language is used again you will be removed from the forum.) C.Lakin

As for the others, especialy Chris who took the time to email me i have gained respect for you. I also accept that there are a wide range of people on here from those who want to keep things Classic and those who want to maximise the potential of the cars. I have already offered any standard parts i dont use, who knows i may enjoy the standard engine? I have great admiration for sleepers as well as classics. If someone has come on here and bodged one up before, dont judge the new guy.

I have lots of plans, ill just post what i do, if i have any problems ill sort it myself, that way ill have a 126 that reflects my style and taste, if u cant deal with that, u need a life outside this site.

As for the wager, i cant guarantee ill break 100bhp, it depends on what options are suitable and practical, i may even like the standard engine with BPU's. I am used to 200bhp+ cars so i might keep it simple and just enjoy the car. I will at some point boost the engine just for fun, iv had a look at the layout and with good cooling/fuelling etc the 8.0:1 CR should boost to 10psi, easily attainable with a small turbo. Maybe big Bhp is not the answer and just enjoying the car should be the main priority initialy. Who knows, i may not end up liking the car and sell it?  Untill i have anything done or achieved, thats all i have to say, thanks

fiatfsm

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2006, 08:50:35 AM »
meow :lol: great idea re the rodding section, then anyone who doesnt have any interest doesnt have to look, go for it.
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

126dave

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 06:01:52 PM »
hehehehe,i'll put my money away then................... :cool:........nah,think i'll splurge it on a hoodie..............................that'll give me at least 20bhp more,oh,and bolt the seat to the floor as well....................+10bhp.......if i keep going i mite get 100bhp + :lol:

you will have fun with the standard car tommo,you can drive them right at the limit and still not get any points!!!,but,if not,nigel is thinking of selling his fast and furious 650 motor i think???................if you have probs with modding/sourcing parts,ask on here,most of it has been done already,either here or in poland/germany.......
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

dajwid

• Subscribers
150 ish Bhp
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2006, 09:35:35 PM »
Echo!

Havn't we been here before?

I give the 126 3 months before it is sold on. 1 month tinkering, then giving up. 2 months standing and rotting, the ebay.

If not I am sure we would be happy to see the result.

Have a look at:

http://fiat126club.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1040

250-300Bhp 126 been done.

PaulB

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2006, 10:07:59 PM »
Well, thousands upon thousands of these cars have been scrapped when they've been perfectly usable, and not by people like Tommy, but by people who have no regard for them at all, who think they are the greatest pile of crap ever made... MOT failures on a brake lining or badly adjusted handbrake.... dealers taking them as a deposit and then just junking them... people who don't change the oil for 30,000 miles....

I really don't have any interest in custom cars. I don't like many of them, more often  I just don't care. I quite enjoy ripping the **** out of the really stupid ones, but respect people like Slater and Nigel who really do something and go and create their own bit of pleasure. And there is something quite funny and ironic about the whole 126 tuning/customising scene. Its all a bit tongue in cheek.

I really think that everyone needs to accept a bit of ribbing, but there's having a laugh or being a bit cynical, and there's treating people like ****

bis13

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2006, 10:08:34 PM »
ha ha ha i have had so much fun reading about this crap! and to think this is a car club how about crying over soldiers dying for nothing or innocents getting murdered by zionist war mongers?  not trying to be funny but just live and enjoy the club/ site and encourage others however crazy their ideas might be , build your car and kill yourself trying to drive it if that floats your boat cool. but please chill , listen to the dolphins  ccoo ccoo ccoo...... or i will get you with my machette .. he he he (must take the pills now , love mick) mwah

PaulB

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2006, 10:16:10 PM »
Bug*er - that's a much better post than mine  :D

126dave

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2006, 06:50:26 PM »
loving this..........................mick,we are in the 3rd world(holy/oil) war,maybe its a point that the 2nd one never really was finished,but.its trully global this time tho with terrorisim etc.......they should have worked that out before inlisting,those guys arnt dying for nothing,took the kings shilling etc,anyone that has joined up in the last 20 or so years should expect some kind of action,not just the 'see the world' bit?,more so now.

i agree tho that bitchin over a 150 bhp 126 that may end up scrapped is small fry to what is happening/going to happen in the middle east...............................be nice to chat with you over a pint sometime................... :)...

dajwid

• Subscribers
150 ish Bhp
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2006, 07:47:52 PM »
jesus, you lot really don't read the papers or watch the news. We all know about the fact that by some cars are seen as 'weapons', put in a bigger engine and the distruction caused would be massive.

A while a go Mr Bush and later Mr Blair heard that a mad sod in Iraq planned on putting a big block chevy lump in a 126. A weapon of mass distruction. What could they do but attack.

This was no small story. 150 Bhp in a 126 in the UK. Do you really want Bush atacking?
Ok if a person lives on a desert island with empty roads like Jersey, nobody will notice a bright yellow 126 racing around with flashy brakes and revving its little head off at 150,000 revs with no silencer, but here in Europe we need to be carefull.
Build whatever you want but any sign of trouble and stick it in a cave.

dajwid

• Subscribers
150 ish Bhp
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2006, 07:49:10 PM »
jesus, you lot really don't read the papers or watch the news. We all know about the fact that by some cars are seen as 'weapons', put in a bigger engine and the distruction caused would be massive.

A while a go Mr Bush and later Mr Blair heard that a mad sod in Iraq planned on putting a big block chevy lump in a 126. A weapon of mass distruction. What could they do but attack.

This was no small story. 150 Bhp in a 126 in the UK. Do you really want Bush atacking?
Ok if a person lives on a desert island with empty roads like Jersey, nobody will notice a bright yellow 126 racing around with flashy brakes and revving its little head off at 150,000 revs with no silencer, but here in Europe we need to be carefull.
Build whatever you want but any sign of trouble and stick it in a cave.

126dave

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2006, 08:46:28 PM »
jeez.......i cannot laugh anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tears here david!!!!!

neil 126

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2006, 09:09:05 PM »
i just spent the last 20 minutes reading this thread, oh boy did i laugh.
i dont  know if i can compare to the previous elequance of entries.
when i got my first 126 i wanted to mod it and make it fast, but lacking in nearly any mechanical know how i settled for a standard run of the mill one, three years on i know the 126 but still want phat one.
anyone who can do it should do it.
good luck to anyone who tries.
learnt it the hard way

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
150 ish Bhp
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2006, 11:14:09 PM »
bk from 6 days in Isle of Wight (not a good place for a 126 without 1st gear, lots of hills) I saw 1 white bis, left a note etc. First thing i did when i got home was to turn pc on and catch up with forum posts. A full scale club civil war has erupted in my absence. Mick (BIS13) has proposed that our site will now be shut down and used for stop the middle eastern conflict, and the site has been hijacked by obscene language directed at our finest members.  :lol:  :lol: :lol: 126 club/forum was designed as a way of escapism from the everyday crap and to block out those perpetual images of war for example in the media. Long live 126 chat!!!!

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): fiat126club@gmail.com

bis13

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2006, 09:56:29 PM »
just to clear a point . i used the" soldiers dying for nothing "line as an example of misguided importance , the whole point is that this is a fun subject and the whole thread was just too heated and too serious for good reading and interaction.     :smt062   so there! he he

stuey

• Subscribers
150 ish Bhp
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2006, 08:52:28 PM »
1-build it!
2-prove us wrong! personally id love to see a 150bhp 126 (without a v8 hanging out the back!!!!!!)
3-put up a decent website that shows us how to do it so we can all build one!!!!!

oh and welcome to the foum!
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal