Fiat 126 Chat > Fiat 126 Mechanical Problem Solving

Terrible Engine Vibration

(1/7) > >>

5816nick:
Hi Guys, I have a Terrible Vibration on my Aircooled 126 at about 1750 RPM to 2000 RPM, It is seriously  so bad you cannot drive it, I have replaced the Gearbox and Engine Mountings, The new mountings were recently Purchased and the only difference is spring is Longer and there is a Green Plastic Bush - I wasn't sure where this went as The Original set up didn't have one? 

I was reading on here about A Terrible Vibration on BIS Models with the Flywheel Being Put on Incorrectly  - Can it happen on Aircooled Models if the Flywheel has been put on Incorrectly  ?

Bar Vitelli:
I’m not sure if the spring is the cause of the vibration but it sounds like you’ve put an early aircooled spring into a later model which can’t help as they must be shorter for a reason. Upload a video if you can as it might help give some clues as to the cause.

Gadge:
Could be the spigot bush that the gearbox mainshaft inserts into. I’ve had this happen before

Gordan:

--- Quote from: Gadge on May 25, 2019, 01:06:38 PM ---Could be the spigot bush that the gearbox mainshaft inserts into. I’ve had this happen before

--- End quote ---

If I understood this correctly i had the same problem, only mine vibrated only in 1st gear….

5816nick:
Hi Guys. Mine Vibrates so badly - both when stationary and when driving, between 1700-2200 RPM it is terrible, it is so bad it cannot be driven, I've driven it once round a car park so far....

I've read about flywheels being put on incorrectly on 126 BIS and am wondering  are Aircooled 126's the same in that if you put the flywheel on wrong it will make the Crank out of Balance?

Thanks Nick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version