Fiat 126 Chat > Tuning & Customising 126 Models

Cylinder Head Dimension

(1/2) > >>

jones:
I own a Polish built 126 here in Australia (actually I have two, less said about that the better).

After leaving the poor little thing at the back of the shed for too long, I have recommenced a minor rejuvenation.  To this end, I removed the head, intending to shave some metal for a compression ratio upgrade. 

I am following the advice of the Blitz racing guy that is referenced on this forum,  However, before I hand my head over to my local cylinder head guy I thought I should be sure it hasn't been shaved already - there are indications that it has been off the car before.

So, does anyone know a standard dimension (thickness) for these heads?  Or, is there another way to determine if there has been metal removed?

thanks for your help.

dikkehemaworst01:
Do you have the "8" head or the square head from a german build car. They need clean rings and a domed chaimber for the valves.

Do not have the dimentions on me.

But if you need more grunt, buy the head of an aircooled panda 30.
More expensive , but cheaper than getting the head rebuild....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

dikkehemaworst01:
And get your bum over to the English 126 forum. A world full of friendly people and more knowledge then  you'll ever need...
Learned a lot over there , and i tinker with 126 and derivates for over 20 years now.

dajwid:
Good luck finding the Panda head and carb.

--- Quote from: dikkehemaworst01 on September 29, 2018, 02:06:14 AM ---Do you have the "8" head or the square head from a german build car. They need clean rings and a domed chaimber for the valves.

--- End quote ---

dikkehemaworst01:
I have ons,
And on Dutch eBay there 2 more...
--- Quote from: dajwid on September 29, 2018, 04:56:33 PM ---Good luck finding the Panda head and carb.

--- Quote from: dikkehemaworst01 on September 29, 2018, 02:06:14 AM ---Do you have the "8" head or the square head from a german build car. They need clean rings and a domed chaimber for the valves.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version