Author Topic: Fiats for sale :(  (Read 169 times)

Darrell

• facebook profile
Fiats for sale :(
« on: December 06, 2017, 07:40:30 PM »
Hi some might know I've been struggling with my health this year to the point I've been discussing things with my better half and we think it is time. Time for me to man up and make a difficult decision.

I have an aircooled 126 and a 500F with a hoard of parts as you do with these things.
Few gearboxes spare engine new headlamps windows new windshields the list goes on and on. In fact it would take a month just to get everything out and list it.

I'm not one for mucking about with posting pictures online for a discussion to break-out but they are both not too far from running the 500 needs more work and not for the faint hearted wheeler-dealer with a scouring pad. Most of the parts (including the hard to find quarter light window frames) have been sourced. There's even two right hand drive 500 steering boxes which are like hens teeth.

If you are serious about buying it you'll obviously want to see them in person. If not I'll wait till spring when hopefully I will have the strength to get  them into a more sell-able state.

Both have been kept under cover for the past few years but having said that, cover doesn't always guarantee the rust worm does not visit.

I live in the real world and realise I will never get back everything I have put into these cars however I'd rather not be robbed. The 500 has new body panel all round except the engine cover and roof. It will be a labour of love to get it original but aren't fiats that way anyhow?

If you are interested we could organise a viewing.

Sorry about this guys I will miss 126 gatherings more than you will ever know.
My first car was a Fiat 500F and I am gutted I will never get to drive her.

Message me if you want to have a look they are in Southampton.
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

Bar Vitelli

• Subscribers
Re: Fiats for sale :(
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:12:20 PM »
All the best with the sale, Darrell, Southampton is a long way from Yorkshire but if you are up North at all next year when the weather is dry then you are most welcome to have a drive down memory lane in my 500 F  :thumbup
Every cloud has one...

126blackbird

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:04:41 PM »
So sorry to hear about you having health problems, I hope your on the mend soon. I still remember you scarring the sh-t out of me when you walked around on the roof of my motorhome some years back. Good luck with the sale.

thepuddlejumper

• Subscribers
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 10:17:29 PM »
Darrell, sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope you are on the mend. I also remember stumbling in the dark trying to find the camper van and the subsequent rocking the occupants, that was a great weekend. If you are ever up my way drop in for a chat. All the best Ralph.

Brighton_126

• Subscribers
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 08:12:59 PM »
Hi,
I'm really sorry that your unwell, i hope your on the mend, i am a new member to the club from Brighton and i saw that you are in Southampton, i would love to come down and take a look at your cars. i have a 126 happy end edition which I'm in the process of restoring and i need a good idea of what a good one looks like. 
Kind Regards
Luca