Author Topic: COILOVERS  (Read 10521 times)

126blackbird

Re: COILOVERS
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 05:03:00 PM »
Did anyone purchase any GAZ coil over shocks, I'm wondering if they are hight adjustable.

Gadge

• Subscribers
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 07:40:11 PM »
Lowering springs and some stiff shocks may be a cheaper idea and there's plenty of choice
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

DannyPancho

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 02:32:47 PM »
Not just yet, ive ran into many more important things to make the coilovers viable as the stresses on the surrounding body will increase...

I still intend on buying, Uni maintenance loan may come in handy come September  ;D
Fiat 126 DeVille

DannyPancho

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 07:46:17 PM »
Just a little (albeit late) update on this, i have ordered the GAZ coilover set for my 126 and it should arrive within the next 3-4 weeks! Ill post a pic when they come through  ;D
Fiat 126 DeVille

126blackbird

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 12:58:58 PM »
Will be very interested to know you get on with your new coil over shocks as I'm thinking of fitting them. I Wondering what set up you have with your front suspension, I've heard that some of the front wishbones don't work with disc brakes.

DannyPancho

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 05:02:15 PM »
Ill be sure to give my oppinion on the kit as soon as i fit it, as for the setup i have; its pretty much standard! Drum brakes on the front which i have given a clean up and i'll be buying the replacement subframe cross member thing to replace the leaf

My only problem being that i have very limited funds, im contacting fabrication companies to see if they can make one for cheaper than around £250 (which is the cheapest i have found so far)
Not mich detail but ill expand on this when i can

Dan :P
Fiat 126 DeVille

stuey

• Subscribers
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2017, 07:24:28 PM »
Ill be sure to give my oppinion on the kit as soon as i fit it, as for the setup i have; its pretty much standard! Drum brakes on the front which i have given a clean up and i'll be buying the replacement subframe cross member thing to replace the leaf

My only problem being that i have very limited funds, im contacting fabrication companies to see if they can make one for cheaper than around £250 (which is the cheapest i have found so far)
Not mich detail but ill expand on this when i can

Dan :P

danny if you have a drum brake set up you can buy mine as its fowling because of the disks and i will have to buy the set up with the narrow arms that work with disks....
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

DannyPancho

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2017, 06:52:50 PM »
Hi Stuey that would be fantastic! Absolutely if youre offering!  :P
How much you wanting for it??   :D

Dan
Fiat 126 DeVille

DannyPancho

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 09:26:48 AM »
So the coilovers came the other day and I have fitted all four without any notable difficulty...! The rear end popped straight in when i disconnected the drive shafts and the front end required re attaching the leafspring in order to jack the sides up without the drum moving in some unwanted direction.

The kit is fantastic quality and there appears to be no fouling anywhere which is a bonus! I havent yet put the car back on its wheels as I need one last part to complete! Which Stuey is very kindly doing me a deal on!  :D
If anyone has instagram, there are a few pics on there, my account is @danpancho  :P
Fiat 126 DeVille

Club1n

• Subscribers
    • Hit me up on Facebook!
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 04:26:05 PM »
Ordered myself a set, was charged only a tiny bit more than the original quote! .-.
Their postage charges aren't ridiculous either ;D
Just waiting for them to arrive now, was estimated around 4 weeks until they arrive :)
Spring rates are in my invoice picture to follow :)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 04:28:29 PM by Club1n »

1978 Works Fiat 126 Rep.

DannyPancho

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 10:16:45 PM »
Wicked! you'll be glad you got them, they're top quality and you can tell just from holding them  8) shouldn't be too long now until my cars back on its wheels so ill be sure to send a photo onto this thread once it is!

;D

Dan
Fiat 126 DeVille

stuey

• Subscribers
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 10:51:28 PM »
Wicked! you'll be glad you got them, they're top quality and you can tell just from holding them  8) shouldn't be too long now until my cars back on its wheels so ill be sure to send a photo onto this thread once it is!

;D

Dan

posting tomorrow!  :P
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

DannyPancho

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2017, 09:30:12 PM »

;D

Dan

posting tomorrow!  :P

Haha thankyou very much!  :P :D
Fiat 126 DeVille

DannyPancho

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2017, 05:49:54 PM »
Right so im having a little trouble with my rear coilovers... no matter what i do the rear end is compressing the coils down to the bump stops, the damping is at its stiffest setting and i have been raising the ride height trying to get the car off the bump stops

One side for some reason is also lower than the other even though i have raised both sides by the same number of threads

If anyone knowss anything, please help me,
Hopefully the knowledge of the forum will solve my dilemma  :P
Fiat 126 DeVille

thepuddlejumper

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 06:44:47 PM »
This may be a silly question, but as the front and rear are different lengths have you installed the front on the front and rear on the rear? I know silly question.

Ralph