Author Topic: Polish 126 registration issues  (Read 3662 times)

crazyphill

Polish 126 registration issues
« on: July 25, 2016, 08:36:32 PM »
Hi the papers I was promised for my 126 have never showed. It is on polish plates and chassis number is intact. I asked a couple guys on ebay breaking them if the can sell me a v5 and chassis plate but no one wants to help. What should I do?
Thanks in advance
Phill

enigma

Re: Polish 126 registration issues
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 01:27:57 PM »

Interested to hear your problems. I have a 126P with Polish plates. I have plenty of papers with it (all in Polish) but no idea if it can be MOT,d or serviced. Is life with a Polish 126 all problems?

danthemanic

• Subscribers
  • 1987 Polski A/C
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 02:06:40 PM »

Interested to hear your problems. I have a 126P with Polish plates. I have plenty of papers with it (all in Polish) but no idea if it can be MOT,d or serviced. Is life with a Polish 126 all problems?

You can MOT it on the VIN number.
I registered mine with out issue, plenty of info about it here on the forum.
Follow me on instagram - https://www.instagram.com/dan126p/

5816nick

• Subscribers
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 08:32:17 AM »
You may have problems if you don't have the small polish logbook, I have just registered 2 polish 126s I had them MOTd locally on the VIN and sent the paperwork off with the MOT - I phoned DVLC and they said I had to send the polish Logbook to prove its age, without it they wouldn't register it, I think the guy was just being a pain, I also had problems getting the one 1999 fiat through an MOT on emissions, what year is your fiat ? Your  best bet is to phone DVLA Swansea Direct - some of them are helpful at DVLA - worse case scenario DVLA may want to physically inspect the fiat to ascertain the year it was made, I had to do this with a split screen camper I imported a few years ago, trailered it 50 miles for them to inspect, they looked at it for ten seconds - to check the chassis and engine numbers  and all sorted!

enigma

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 10:01:04 PM »

I do have the Polish Log book for my 126P and it gives the date as 2000. MOT on the Vin sounds good. Er Where do I find it??

danthemanic

• Subscribers
  • 1987 Polski A/C
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 09:32:39 AM »
Front luggage compartment, front right wheel arch.... Or thereabouts.
Follow me on instagram - https://www.instagram.com/dan126p/