Author Topic: Fiat Polski 126p in Cuba  (Read 35696 times)

pietschokkenbroek

Re: Fiat Polski 126p in Cuba
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 10:58:04 AM »
WOW, great effort :thumbup, the color makes the caribbean look even more sunny  8) 8)

Piotross

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 08:50:45 AM »
AvB look at the fb box or send me an email.

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 10:47:44 PM »
AvB look at the fb box or send me an email.

Check your email , just wrote you

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2015, 12:28:31 AM »
WOW, great effort :thumbup, the color makes the caribbean look even more sunny  8) 8)

Thanks !!! :D

Piotross

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2015, 09:49:44 PM »
As I can see you have the best Fiat in Cuba hehe :) It is amazing that polish little cars have arrived as far as to Cuba :)

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2015, 04:30:26 AM »
As I can see you have the best Fiat in Cuba hehe :) It is amazing that polish little cars have arrived as far as to Cuba :)

Thanks man, with your help ill continue to improve the car perfomance and more :) . Seriously, thank you very much for everything !!.

And yes, there are thousands of Fiat 126p in Cuba, they came as part of a treaty with the polish Government in 1980's . My uncle have told me the stories of the Ships arriving at the Port of Havana with literally thousands and thousands of Maluch's!. From that day we call them "Polaquitos" (a word that is a diminutive of the word Polish).

Many cubans still love the little one because they practically save our lives. Personally i keep this car as original as they came, thats were i find the charm and love! . They are very economic yet very small as well!! ahahaha!

Cheers friends.

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2015, 02:10:13 AM »
A friend visited me a couple of days ago :D

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:13:25 AM by AvB »

drcdb15

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2015, 12:13:01 AM »
Well, it goes without saying that your car looks absolutely superb. "sunny" hardly begins to do it justice  :good:

An interesting item appeared here in the UK from the BBC recently, about older cars in Cuba: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33884714

With the opening up of relations with the USA, you can probably expect American collectors to start buying up some of the US-made cars and shipping them away to the USA. I wonder what our US cousins will make of the Polaquitos (what a wonderful name!)?

Already there are signs in the UK that Cuba is becoming a fashionable holiday destination, so Cuba looks set for change... and change is always unwelcome for some, and cannot come fast enough for others. I hope not too many Polaquitos are lost in the rush to get newly-available American cars (and presumably Asian and European brands will follow soon after).

Guard your Polaquito carefully - it is a treasure!

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2015, 01:13:55 AM »
I just read the Article @ BBC , its very well done!

Don't worry. As you say, big changes are coming up ahead regarding the US-Cuba Relations, the restoration of the Diplomatic Relations are the tip of the iceberg. As a Cuban i tell you that i look forward to the developing of the "ties" with US because it will bring prosperity and much more. And yes, i think i will see it with my own eyes, American cars collectors will arrive very very soon and start buying the old classics.

Cuba has always been a destination for Tourists around the world, but right now our country its experiencing a "boom" in Tourism, and all that is due to, as i said, the restoration of diplomatic ties. Personally I've met some British friends, because my House is for Rent and its nearby a very nice beach.

Personally my thoughts are to keep this car for ever, even if a buy another one in the future.

I launch again the invitation to all Club Members, if you are coming to Cuba , specifically Havana, contact me and ill prepare a Trip in the Maluch to show you the best of our City !

Cheers.

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2015, 01:01:43 AM »
Bought today a new Oil Pressure warning sensor :D!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:05:18 AM by AvB »

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2015, 02:02:23 AM »
Forgot to upload photos of the tripods that Piotr send me :D!

Cant wait to put them and toss away old couplings....

Cheeerrrsss friends.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 02:05:53 AM by AvB »

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2015, 09:35:39 PM »
Yesterday i was checking the Distributor and noticed that the alternator belt was pretty bad, so today i fitted a new one! , see photos!

Cheers,

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:40:23 PM by AvB »

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2015, 01:24:18 AM »
Greetings from worm Havana!!

Since last Friday morning I've had problems with the Car. At the beginning i thought that it was a Fuel Pump problem since recently i switched for a new one. Well, i switched back to the old one and nothing, the problem continues. The car was pretty unstable at LOW and HIGH RPMs, it even shutdown when i released the foot of the accelerator pedal. I checked the Spark plugs and the spark plug cables, putted two new Champion Spark Plugs and still no luck.

So i went ahead and unmounted the carburetor and cleaned every since part, i reassemble everything and it worked well for 1 or 2 hours of testing. Finally i checked the Distributor and the contact points, and putted a new Rotor. Today after all that tests i decided to check again the carburetor. I putted out the small part that control the mix of air an petrol, and i checked that the little rubber at the end of this part was not good, i putted a new one, and voila, so far no problems at all.

I was going CRAZY!, this little engines are very problematic!! LOL.

Tomorrow ill drive to a Town that's 45 KM from here, and see how it goes , hope i don't brake on the highway!! :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 01:26:43 AM by AvB »

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2015, 12:32:04 AM »
That's good news :good: fingers crossed it will be OK now, stop making us jealous telling us how nice the weather is :P we are still waiting for summer to arrive as we head to winter
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 12:16:57 AM »
That's good news :good: fingers crossed it will be OK now, stop making us jealous telling us how nice the weather is :P we are still waiting for summer to arrive as we head to winter

Hehehe , well, that good weather has changed to a very rainy day!!. The car is behaving excellent, today i wen to school (wich es 35KM away) and yesterday to a friends house at 45KM away and it worked like charm!

Cheers,

PS: I wish we had winter time here, with SNOW!!! :D