Author Topic: Three year, £10,000+ ongoing DISASTER. Please read and protect yourself!  (Read 6567 times)

michaelodonnell500

Hi Lina,
It all sounds horrible sorry to hear you've had such a bother with the car. It sounds like it's in safe hands now. It must be galling to have all the issues pointed out, but at least this company is looking for them and spotting the issues. I doubt there is any damage that can't be undone and put right.

As long as all the panel gaps are put right and the shell looks good the rest will fall into place. The suspension geometry is very forgiving on these cars and If there are any chassis issue discovered, laser wheel alignment can be used to shim the suspension and put everything square again.

It was a long time after my Dad passed away before I realised how much it had impacted me. Looking back on it now it seems very obvious, but at the time I thought I was acting and coping normally. I understand how this must have affected your judgement, it's a tough and unpredictable thing to go through.

I have a matched pair of doors from an 87 model so there are plastic trim holes in the doors. I have a NOS front panel and wing (I think.) and a sill. If any of these are of use to you let me know.

Michael
Rust does not discriminate

Lina

• Facebook profile
Michael, that's fantastic, I'll send you a PM  :)
Lina - as in Lyna - as in dustbin liner, eye liner, ocean going... etc!