Author Topic: MCA Spider  (Read 14056 times)

amam

Re: MCA Spider
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 07:58:11 PM »
both seats now fitted  :D

gotta think about making some door cards now

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 08:48:57 AM by amam »

1973/126

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 10:19:00 AM »
 I think we can safely say, you are doing slightly better than me  :P Looking good so far.

1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

amam

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 07:20:08 PM »
ah well hes a update

decided i'd convert the kit car to the SU 1 1/4 carb as i know it very well, i bought the manifold to allow it to fit

to fit the manifold you have to undo two of the head nuts and screw the studs on, then the manifold slides down them and you use one bolt at the back too.........well thats whats suppost to happen

it was a huge pain to fit the manifold, i ended up hoaning out the holes because they didnt quite line up with the studs and then i had to do the same with the rear hole.......then i had to grind down the back edge as it hit the rocker cover not allowing the manifold to sit flat.....

manifold fitted

got a carb, a early SU without the breather as it won't be needed, just test fitting it, removed the original throttle linkage, just waiting for parts to rebuild the carb

next pain in the ar*e was the thermostat, ive never seen the flap open since ive got it, removed the tin ware

then found out my thermostat was a all in one version which i guess it what was originally fitted! also trying to get the rod off it broke......so ive now bought a thermostat plate, new rod and nut for it....just got to wait for them to arrive now

so heres the update and none of the jobs i started ive managed to finish yet........great........lol

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:33:46 PM by amam »

amam

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 07:09:19 PM »
new thermostat and fitting plate all together on tin ware now

SU carb all fitted now, runs lovely on it too

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:19:56 PM by amam »

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 08:59:12 PM »
Looking Sweet Amam  :good:
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

amam

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 04:26:03 PM »
just some more updates, the car has a proper throttle linkage made now for the SU carb, all works very well

also i made some door cards which look better than i expected

also ive renewed the front suspension, new spring, new wishbones, new backplates, shocks and uprights

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:20:30 PM by amam »

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 10:39:57 PM »
Lovin it :)  can't be too far away now
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

amam

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 08:59:32 PM »
well i had a change of heart and ended up with this

which of course meant i needed these  :D

not forgetting the spare!

safety first

also made a little joiner for the SU carb so it goes with the original air filter

just on with the back brakes now, changing both rear back plates as they were rotten

thats all for now, its coming on a treat

1300ot

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 09:02:22 PM »
Great stuff amam.  Nice to see another MCA being rebuilt.   I'm also fitting a similar inlet manifold so hoping mine will be easier!

amam

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 04:11:40 PM »
lots happened haven't posted much..........so here it all is in whatever order lol

some lovely new rear brakes, new cylinders, shoes and springs

new fiat uno master cylinder to match my disc brakes

interior now finished, red steering wheel now to match along with switches for the reversing lights and fog lamps with illuminating lights, chrome ash tray and a spider decal, matching red sun visors too

my switches :)

and also ive added some rear wheel spacers so the alloys dont rub on the body anymore but more noticable is the 1980s style decals

next on the list is to get a hood made
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:18:08 PM by amam »

drcdb15

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 07:12:32 PM »
Can I be the first to congratulate you on what looks to be the most rapid and stonkingly superb resto I can recall seeing. I take my hat off to you (well, I would if I wore one), I don't know how you got such rapid progress and still kept doing the day job - unless restoring this little gem *is* your day job!

Well done, and lots of photos please for the 2017 126 calendar!

Gadge

• Subscribers
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2016, 09:31:57 AM »
Excellent work! it looks fantastic! :D I'ld love to see this in the flesh. Outstanding work :thumbup
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

amam

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2016, 05:08:53 PM »
Can I be the first to congratulate you on what looks to be the most rapid and stonkingly superb resto I can recall seeing. I take my hat off to you (well, I would if I wore one), I don't know how you got such rapid progress and still kept doing the day job - unless restoring this little gem *is* your day job!

Well done, and lots of photos please for the 2017 126 calendar!

thank you for your kind words, there is plenty to do yet such as get a convertible roof made, tidy up the wiring room and fix a few rough edges, the car has been done in late afternoons and the odd free days during this summer, surprised myself how fast ive done most of it but ive not skipped on the quality of parts ive bought

ive just re-added alot of photos since alot had gone missing from this thread

amam

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2016, 05:10:30 PM »
Great stuff amam.  Nice to see another MCA being rebuilt.   I'm also fitting a similar inlet manifold so hoping mine will be easier!

love to see some more pictures of your coupe, only saw the ones on ebay, i did love it when it was originally in that bluey turquoise colour

amam

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 02:45:50 PM »
couple of nicer shots as i was moving it

first week in November it is now booked in for its convertible roof fitting and side screens