Author Topic: Hello from Leeds!  (Read 1789 times)

Italia Classic

• Subscribers
Hello from Leeds!
« on: January 29, 2018, 09:01:34 PM »
Hello everyone!
I'm Joe, and I live in Farsley in Leeds, and work in Morley and you all tipped me over to buying my own 126  :)
I have been looking for a classic car at a reasonable price for a while as a starter and a way to understand mechanics and restoration on a small scale from a beginner level, and when I found this forum I saw the support for people just like me and I had to hunt one down for myself!
I love the way that every 126 seems to be special, they aren't a status symbol like all the German cars, they're fun Italian designed boxes of enjoyment
I put pen to paper on a 126 on Sunday, and my one is a left hand drive import 126 ELX from Poland. The story of my motor goes that it was owned by a family in Poland who emigrated in it all the way across Europe to Liverpool where they set up a new life, and the car was bought from them for enough money to get them set up in the UK
Sweet!
I'll be sure to be tinkering with it, making it my own, and hopefully bringing it to events in the future, with the sticker for Club126UK right in the window
I'm counting on your continued support, but thank you all for what you have already done in getting me this far even if you didn't realise it!
I hope to speak with as many of you as I can over the coming years

All my best
Joe Brown
'Italia Classic'
Joe Brown
1998 Fiat 126p ELX
[email protected]
-----------------------------
Fix
It
Again
Tomorrow

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
Re: Hello from Leeds!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 09:04:35 PM »
Welcome to Club126UK  :welcome it's good to have you aboard

drcdb15

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 10:23:49 PM »
Hi Joe, welcome to the Forum.

Not only are you in good company 126-wise, you're actually in Fiat 126-Central, Fiatsville Arizona (or rather, T'Fiatsville, Yorkshire) since a good 97.8% of our regular membership seem to reside within a gnat's crochet of your very own abode.

Mind you, not being a Yorkshireman myself I'm not at all prone to exageration like they are...   ;D

:welcome

[er, now about this '126 not a status symbol' remark...  need to talk to t'committee about that...]

DeVilleChris

• Subscribers
    • Club 126 UK
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 12:12:25 PM »
Hi there!

I'm in Halifax so good to know there's another one knocking around!
1979 Fiat 126 DeVille
1979 Fiat 900T Amigo

Brighton_126

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 05:06:13 PM »
Hi joe,
Welcome to the club, did you buy the car from a person called Ken Hill car sales? I seem to remember calling the guy.

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 11:23:48 PM »
Hi Joe  :welcome Hope to see you at the local shows round the Leeds area :D
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo