Welcome to the CLUB126UK Forum > Introduce Yourself

Hello!

(1/4) > >>

DarkHorseDave:
Hi, I’m new to the forum, just saying hello.

I’ve decided I’d love to have 126 of my own, I love how cool they look, love that they’re little Italian Fiats, and their simplicity and ease of repair. And the parts are so cheap and readily available.

I can find very little online about the history of all the different 126 models, where’s the best place to read about its history?

I’m in no rush to get one, I’d rather wait for the right one to come along. But if anyone would offer me any advice I’m all ears!
All I’ve decided so far is I’d looking for an air cooled 650cc RHD, rust free original paint with chrome bumpers.

Thanks,
Dave.  :thumbup

Bar Vitelli:
Welcome to the Forum!

Dave seems to be a popular name for dark horses - we’ve got one of those already!  ;)

Invest in ‘Fiat 126’ by Alessandro Sannia’, it’s in Italian but the pictures are great and will help you find out more about the history of these wonderful cars! Costs about £20 to £25 but worth every penny!

:thumbup

DarkHorseDave:
There are a lot of us, Daves and horses I mean  ;)

Ok great thanks I’ll try and get hold of a copy, my Dads side of the family is Italian so he can help me decipher it!

Bar Vitelli:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fiat-126-1972-2000-Alessandro-Sannia/dp/8896796059

Xylaquin:

--- Quote from: DarkHorseDave on April 15, 2019, 12:58:35 PM ---I can find very little online about the history of all the different 126 models, where’s the best place to read about its history?

--- End quote ---
Save yourself the money and effort and check out the club's page on 126 history here:
http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?page=page1424

Here are the main models that were produced:
(Year, Name, Engine type and size)

1972 - 1977, Standard, Aircooled 594cc
1977 - 1984, Standard, Aircooled 652cc
1984 - 1994, FL, Aircooled 652cc
1987 - 1992, BIS, Watercooled 704cc
1994 - 1997, EL, Aircooled 652cc
1997 - 2000, ELX, Aircooled 652cc

You also got special editions called Brown, Black, Silver and DeVille.

--- Quote ---All I’ve decided so far is I’d looking for an air cooled 650cc RHD, rust free original paint with chrome bumpers.

--- End quote ---

Good luck waiting for a rust-free original paint one!
There's a completely restored RHD aircooled on eBay, all you'd need to do would be change the bumpers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version