Author Topic: 1.1 engine conversion  (Read 3120 times)

Colin campbell

1.1 engine conversion
« on: December 31, 2017, 10:18:02 PM »
I’ve got 1990 bis and am putting the 1.1 seicento engine in . Car will be gutted and full cage fitted, and new trailing arms put in rear to avoid camber change . Will be posting photo updates as I go ..!

Brighton_126

Re: 1.1 engine conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 12:52:24 PM »
I’ve got 1990 bis and am putting the 1.1 seicento engine in . Car will be gutted and full cage fitted, and new trailing arms put in rear to avoid camber change . Will be posting photo updates as I go ..!
Hi Colin,
That sounds like a really cool project keep me updated!
With Regards
Luca

Colin campbell

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 09:47:43 PM »
Ok, roll cage in this weekend , gearbox rebuilt with new bearings and close ratio gear kit . New bushes to be made for clutch release arm and the engine and box are ready to go in . Got photos but can’t resize them from my phone .. can I only resize them from a laptop .?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:51:13 PM by Colin campbell »

corty

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 09:46:27 AM »
im looking at engine swaps on the BIS too , any info would be much appreciated - also
where did you get the cage ?

Colin campbell

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 04:31:34 PM »
Pictures now on : fiat 126 uk Facebook page ... easier to add them on there ..!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 09:33:49 PM by Colin campbell »

Colin campbell

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 09:38:51 PM »
Fire engine is the best engine to swap for . I’ve taken 40mm off the bottom of the sump and shortened the oil pick up on the pump , few tweaks to make the adapter plate fit properly , flywheel skimmed both sides to fit .
You need to be able to fabricate a few parts yourself , all the major parts are available off the shelf . I’m just fitting 2 1/4 “ coilover’s on the rear of mine . I’m also making an alloy inlet manifold for twin 40 Weber’s .
My mate bent the tubes up for the cage and I fitted it in , he’s in worthing and could make one for you .? I may be able to get the main hoop and front side bars bent up for you if you can weld .??