Author Topic: whats happened to the garage section?  (Read 9483 times)

jpimpao

whats happened to the garage section?
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 11:05:41 PM »
Can you tell me who is going to pay for the running cost of the site, please.
Jorge

meuton

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 11:08:25 PM »
as previously stated there are plenty of free hosts that the site could be tranfered over to use, and yet again no reply to my questions and a totally negative response come guys you can do beter than this!!!

cheers Doug
Its slow but it does it in style !!

jpimpao

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 11:13:19 PM »
Hi again,
I know there are plenty of free hosts that  the site could work but apparently there some funcionallity that are not avaiable in a free host. is that right.
Jorge

Paulh81

• PINK BUT NOT FOR LONG!
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 11:27:29 PM »
calm down, calm down!   :smt067
PINK BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 11:30:53 PM »
The free hosting service will not be any different, apart from a different url. Because the format of the club appears to be changing now to a forum type club only - the forum board will be different, it's a lot less work to moderate.

Regarding the question of clubs that have more access for paid members, here are just two with a quick google search.

http://www.mx5ocforum.co.uk
http://www.swiftowners.co.uk

It's irrelevant anyway, like I said earlier the forum will be changing and will have free access for all, although it will be a basic type board.

Regards

Chris

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2007, 07:06:41 AM »
Many clubs the technical section and the ability to sell on the forum is clubmembers only. maybe theis thread should be carried on the members section.

meuton

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2007, 08:46:59 AM »
Thankyou chris for clearing that little matter up

cheers Doug

hudsonhenry

• http://www.retro500.com
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2007, 10:39:21 AM »
The paid membership of the club has now ceased (I do not know if there are intentions to start membership again?),

It looks like there is not really much of a club left if there is no way to pay up and join!

Who is running the club now that Chris L's attention is focused on other things?!? :evil:

As I understand it a car club with a membership fee by law is a legal entity that has to have the following:

A chairman
A committee
A treasurer
A secretary
A constitution
An annual AGM
Insurance for meetings and events

It should also keep accounts and submit a return.

With non of the above and no way to pay membership, if this forum becomes members only then there will only be a few people left posting and they will diminish as they get locked out of the members forum as their 'impossible to renew' subscriptions run out.

I would think that moving to a free forum and ceasing to be a 'club' in the legal sense would be the best thing in the long term unless a chair and committee can be found to run the club properly.

I am not and have never been a paid up member of the forum, £16.00 is not much but I belong to three other clubs and the combined subscriptions add up to quite a lot of money, I don't even have a 126, I have however enjoyed being a part of the forum and have been happy to share my knowledge of tuning the 500/126 engine.

But if my input is not needed because I'm not a paid-up member then I shall spend my time elsewhere.
http://www.retro500.com the site dedicated to modified Fiat 500's

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2007, 02:48:32 PM »
At present the club is in limbo land since Chris Lakin's resignation. It obviously cannot remain like this! There are a few ideas to carry on with the running of the club, but Chris Lakin will have to approve them first

Regarding the legal requirements of the club's running, the only legal requirement for running the club is the "public liability insurance for events" currently there are no events planned by the club, so not a problem at the moment.

Chris Lewis

Maddog

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2007, 07:47:26 PM »
how much does this forum cost?   I'm a member of GTOUK and for my £20  I get,

access to the forum, which is members only but we have around 500

10% discount on parts from Amber which saves me alot more than £20 a year.

free beer, sausages and burgers at the big events the club attends like JAE etc, plus big tent with playstation, bouncy surf castle and loads more.

thats quite alot for my money.

here at 126 UK all I have is access to the forum, I would be happy to contribute a fair amount or even help maintain the board if I was pointed in the direction of a guide on how to do it.

lets not go over to a crappy forum, they are a PITA to use and please keep it access for all, the point of this forum is to bring 126 owners and resources together and keep the little jobbies on the road.

Richie

MaLi

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2007, 08:38:22 PM »
Hi all!

From my point of view there is no point in restricting the access to the forum as this will put new owners off. Personally I really like this forum but I know that running the forum as it is cost money and work. Therefore I don't mind paying 16 sterling per year for site maintenance just to keep the 126 scene going.

I think the major problem WE have got at the moment is lack of Chairman.

Regards,

Mali

meuton

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2007, 09:23:08 PM »
Quote from: "dajwid"
The reason why the Yahoo club is not used is because it is not of much use, very few members, even fewer pictures, and hardly any info.

But as you proudly say it is free, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Imagine my surprise when i look at the newest member on the yahoo forum i mentioned is you ??????

I almost PMSL

regards Doug

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2007, 10:20:22 PM »
:lol:
I was interested in all the advertsm bikerboys looking for friends :lol:

I am a member of a few 126 clubs, as well as a few other car clubs too aircooled club, VW club, Vauxhall club...........

meuton

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2007, 11:12:12 PM »
dajwid

lol can i just clarify its a forum not a club and sorry but forgive me please for finding it somewhat amusing that you joined a forum 20 minuites after slagging it off in here lol, well they do say actions speak louder than words lol

cheers Doug

Tomasz

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 12:54:51 AM »
The best thing about the forum is being able to exchange knowledge and chat about 126 issues etc.  When the host expires it may be that we have to move to a less user friendly forum but in my opinion as long as we dont lose too many regular contributors it should not be too much of a problem.  Most of the technical advice seems to have come from non members and i think it would be kind of wrong to restrict this.
Having said that, it would be nice to keep the site and if that means contributing a small amount towards hosting then i dont have a problem with that.