Author Topic: non starter  (Read 1042 times)

rmbruton

• before
non starter
« on: May 22, 2020, 06:44:21 PM »
Hi, been doing my 126 for just a few short years now....(11) and getting to the end now. got the engine and gearbox in but it doesn't want to start.

this is me

rmbruton

• before
Re: non starter
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 06:48:22 PM »
i'm getting a hiss through the carbs and the plugs appear to be dry but there is fuel going in and coming out through the return hose. its like theres pressure coming out the carbs...does this make any sense to anybody

rmbruton

• before
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 10:06:49 PM »
It looks like its timing. I take it number 1 cylinder is the cylinder at the back of the car nearest the rear bumper?. If the timing marks are aligned on the oil filter cover and the timing cover then the valves for cylinder 1 should be closed.

rmbruton

• before
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 10:41:33 PM »
well....let me just say rule number 1 on long term projects should be start a job finish a job and mark it as done. Dummy here didn't finish building the engine properly because I broke the oil ring on the washer behind the timing sprocket and didn't tighten the head bolts or the timing cover. sorted and running now.

Guldbergdk

• Subscribers
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 08:40:26 AM »
Good thing you got it fixed. I wish I documented things as I go along. My projects have a tendency to stretch out to the point were I have forgotten what goes where ::)