Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Reaching out for help with a strange wiring issue.
I bought a Pioneer P3650 radio/cassette player on ebay. Tested it on my work bench with the battery out of my aircooled 1989 Fiat 126. Worked fine.
Located 3 wires hanging under dash when it looks like a radio might have been fitted by previous owner but subsequently removed.
3 wires, black, yellow/black, green/red.
I connected the yellow/black & green/red wires together and connected them to the orange wire (power to radio regardless of ignition) joined with the red wire (power controlled by ignition). Connect Black (ground) to radio black wire.
Switched on radio and it worked fine but as soon as I connected the radio the front and rear side lights came on.
I have tried connecting yellow/black and green/red separately to the orange & red on the radio but couldn't get the radio to switch on (no power) even with the ignition on.
Does anyone know how to avoid this issue of the front and rear side lights coming on with radio? I could just run separate new wires to the battery and leave the yellow/black & green/red wires alone.
Fiat 126 Mechanical Problem Solving / Re: Wiring loom - purpose ?
« Last post by PeteB on September 04, 2023, 03:23:05 PM »
Hi Again - no problem .

No radio (or fag lighter)  fitted to my car - but assume these wires are for them . Will see if any are live just to check things , but no great deal .

Many thanks for your response .
Fiat 126 Chat / Anyone heard of the Fiat ESV ?
« Last post by Minijohn on September 04, 2023, 01:18:33 PM »
Only just stumbled across this monstrosity - wonder why it never reached production?  :headscratch: :headscratch:

In total, Fiat built three cars for the safety contest. The first was the ESV 1500, a compact 680-kilogram rear-wheel-drive sedan built using components from the Fiat 500 and Fiat 126. 13 prototypes (mostly in red and yellow) were assembled and shown at conferences in Washington and Kyoto. The black parts are polyurethane linings, which avoided damage during accidents at city speeds.

More info here...
https://www.story-cars.com/1972-1974-fiat-esv-prototypes

« Last post by Njkip on September 02, 2023, 09:50:48 PM »
Hi, sorry for the delay....I've had a look at mine and apart from the black wire mines a different colour...I've had a look on the schematic on here and there isn't a yellow ...it's brown, black, red...but give the location of your wires I would very much think that's what they are for...it's the only logical explication. Have you tested them to see if they are live....my radio wire is live all the time, but it doesn't necessarily mean mines right and yours is wrong....I would have thought that the plug would be for the cigarette lighter.....
« Last post by PeteB on August 29, 2023, 11:08:18 PM »
Cheers !
« Last post by Njkip on August 29, 2023, 10:00:40 PM »
I've got an original radio and cig lighter in my bis, I'll have a look if you like and see if the wires that feed them are the same as yours...although it does look likely ....🤷‍♂️
Fiat 126 Mechanical Problem Solving / Wiring loom - purpose ?
« Last post by PeteB on August 29, 2023, 03:14:23 PM »
Hello All

Re: 1990 Fiat 126 BIS -

On removing the dashboard heater box assembly , I discovered a wiring loom (see pic ) My assumption is that this is for a radio and cigarette lighter that could be fitted ?

Fiat 126 Chat / Re: Recent trip to Wales
« Last post by andyzeetec on August 21, 2023, 10:13:50 PM »
Smashing paint job and superb photos  :good:
Fiat 126 Chat / Recent trip to Wales
« Last post by DeVilleChris on August 21, 2023, 03:20:23 PM »
Recently finished off my 126 and took a nice long drive to south wales and back covering about 500 miles. Took my camera anyway, here's some photos.

For Sale: / Fully refurbished Steering Rack for RHD 126 bis
« Last post by dixie on August 20, 2023, 10:30:58 AM »
I have a spare steering rack for a bis. Just had it re-built (with bespoke end bush) by Kiley Clinton Engineering in Birmingham.
I thought it was needed for my car but have since found out it doesn't need it after all.
Anyone interested please email me  [email protected]  OR ring  07973 505 909  Open to offers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10