Recommended
9 (60%)
Okay
4 (26.7%)
Avoid
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: June 29, 2006, 05:12:46 PM

Author Topic: Axel Gerstl  (Read 10691 times)

PaulB

Axel Gerstl
« on: June 29, 2006, 05:12:46 PM »
German supplier of every conceivable bit of all 500s and 126s

Pros:
Parts usually available
Quality is good
Cheap as chips
Fast
reliable
Speak pretty good english
Reply to emails
Website is a brilliant resource in itself - the best there is
Online ordering

Cons:
Tuning parts often very expensive
Postage minimum €8 so it pays to order a few bits at a time - gets very cheap with larger orders

http://www.fiat500126.de/

EDIT: if you vote it would be good to have your opinion as a post, especially if "avoid" so we can be aware of problems and also know that you are not a spoiler/commercial competitor.

126dave

Axel Gerstl
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 06:26:18 PM »
gerstl is very good on most items,but,the last couple of orders that ive put in have had several items on back order,they dont mention that when you order/pay.....i get the feeling on obscure items(my front suspension top links) they order from poland after you,ve paid.a bit frustrating really.
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

bis13

Axel Gerstl
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 04:39:42 AM »
i ordered some basic parts from these people on the 14th of feb and i am still waiting for them i could have got them my bloody self from germany it would have been quicker!!

mikee

Axel Gerstl
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 09:23:24 AM »
I've always had a great service from them, spares are always delivered in 2 to 4 days.
Mike :D

Tomasz

Axel Gerstl
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 12:46:44 PM »
they are great if its in stock but its worth checking as it can take ages if not.  Generally they have been very good with reasonable postage and fast service.

Dom

• http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2915992
Axel Gerstl
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 03:22:24 PM »
I have found that they have got a little better the last couple of months. When your order arrives, it comes with an English form as well as the countless German paperwork, so you do know what is on back order or not. There have been many occasions where I have ordered from them, only to be missing some items and not able to understand the German for, thus have re ordered, and eventually ended up with double or triple orders of the same item. Impatience on my part? Perhaps.

Do definitely recommend Gerstl though, definitely the cheapest stockist with English translation. Though I'm sure there are cheaper in Poland, but not as accessible for people like me.

bis13

Axel Gerstl
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 08:39:16 PM »
well if thats the case why have they sent me confirmation of order and not got any further? all i ordered was 4 x headgaskets , 4 x engine mount springs , and 1 x copper headgasket surely they can manage that?

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
Axel Gerstl
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 10:15:32 AM »
ive heard too many things about people not recieving what theyve paid for, so ive never ordered from them, ive been very tempted though.

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

Paul Clough

Axel Gerstl
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 10:41:14 AM »
:sad:
I have not had a great experiance with these guys... I ordered on line all the bits I would need to convert a BIS to crome bumbers... They emailed back a confirmation order which was incorrect.

They had substitutes the crome fixings for the plastic ones I just took off.

I corrected the order and emailed it back... then waited... and waited... and eventually a week later I emailed to say "hello" did you get the correction.. The response was that they did and it is being processed.

Today, 4 weeks later it arrived but has a fixing missing... Now I have to re-order and pay an additional £8.00 in postage... for the bit they missed off... that costs only 3euro...

In future I will pay a little more and get from recommended UK suppliers..

Paul
Its a What?

markie

• 1982 original bodywork no rust no welding
Re: Axel Gerstl
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 10:56:30 PM »
I Agree, I have used this seller and although the bits I got were absolutly fine anything that is not in stock they send later and charge postage again my bonnett weater strip cot about 8-10 quid ended up costing me over £30.  make sure you state that anything they do not have in stock should be cancelled from your order,

nrg19uk

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 09:43:23 AM »
i had a similar problem i order parts they never arrived so i got in contact with them and they said they had been delivered. so i sent them a email confirming my address and my parcel arrived the next day i spoke to the delivery driver and he said they had been in the warehouse for 2 weeks because the address was wrong anyway i get the bill througth from my credit card and they had charged me for return item charge and a delivery charge. so i contacted them and said what do you think your playing at and they said the company charged them it so we are going to charge you, I told them that they was the ones that printed my address wrong but it did no help they still charged me so i wont be dealing with them anymore.   

Neil gargaro

bis13

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 09:48:58 AM »
its the same old same old they are the only company that can supply all those stupid bits that others cant but fall down on their back order policy and delivery i reckon they are still sore about a few things in history lol...

markie

• 1982 original bodywork no rust no welding
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 02:53:21 PM »
Yeah!  I bought a replacement red carpet, in the pic it shows as just standard red, when it arrived it had a drivers footwell mat on the nearside!  I emailed them back and they said I should return it I'm glad I didn't from what you all have been saying they would probably deny reciept of it plus it would have cost me more, pretty much the cost of the item.

GTMaster

• Na most a tuti- tuti- tuti
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 01:11:42 PM »
I've ordered from them as well. Very friendly, and the parts arrived on time, and in the format they said (I needed to buy from them a large 'paket' for the two extended sills and front L and R fenders). I was able to pay through bank transaction as they don't except the COD option here in Hungary (don't know why...). But it's true, before you order check and then DOUBLE CHECK what you've ordered. The fenders they have are for the pre 1983 126's and for the BIS. They don't have ones for the FSM 126s. Therefore, i had to send back the two fenders at my own cost, and ordered the BIS fenders.Luckily they were cheaper, so they offered to pay for the remaining postage sum, therefore i didn't need to deal with receiving change.
Not too cheap in my opinion, but you can practically build a 126 from the parts they have. What bothered me, was that the base freight price to Hungary is much higher than to other places in Western Europe (e.g. cheaper to order it from Guernsey :)  ).
"One more drink, Lacikám?"

All about car restoration can be found in the song
"Got my mind set on you" by George Harrison...

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 09:19:25 PM »
I've had no hassles, freight is pricey but then maybe we need to as a club tell them :-X

They might even be amicable to discussing a club discount [-/
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)