Author Topic: tuning or hot rodding????  (Read 3118 times)

126dave

tuning or hot rodding????
« on: June 12, 2006, 06:55:54 PM »
just a thought,should there be a seperate section for hotrodding 126's??? is it just me or is a complete engine/ transmission swap etc a teeeeny bit more that tuning???? i put a 360 ci chev in my (replica)32 ford,i personally dont think that is tuning,allard heads etc on the flat head maybe would have been?????................just my humble opinion and if it was a sperate section it may save me eagerly getting on line to gather the latest info on another .00001 of a hamster power.................... :D
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

PaulB

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 07:12:56 PM »
Different strokes...

slammed 66

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 07:17:38 PM »
Your right Dave engine swaps arent really tuning in its correct sense so i'd agree with you on that, but i dont think it would be a section that would get that much use.
Fair point though  :)

OFF TOPIC.... Hows the search for your cam going? any luck yet?

126dave

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 08:58:00 PM »
well, slammed,..........................cam etc apparently on the island..........going to UPS to moz to give handfull of euros (C.O.D).............and see whats what.im hope'ing to be in my workshop ths weekend doing more than chain services on my bikes!
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 09:27:47 PM »
In  the old days :)  it was all called customising.
I know what you mean, tuning can mean just alloys and shiny paint, rodding is dirty hands and greasy bits, engine parts on the kitchen table. Telling the wife the cam only cost 10 pounds and paying COD so she won't see the statement :lol:

Tommo32

Re: tuning or hot rodding????
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 10:53:39 PM »
Quote from: "126dave"
just a thought,should there be a seperate section for hotrodding 126's??? is it just me or is a complete engine/ transmission swap etc a teeeeny bit more that tuning???? i put a 360 ci chev in my (replica)32 ford,i personally dont think that is tuning,allard heads etc on the flat head maybe would have been?????................just my humble opinion and if it was a sperate section it may save me eagerly getting on line to gather the latest info on another .00001 of a hamster power.................... :D

ahh its all the same thing really. too many sections on a forum can kill it for me sometimes because you spend so much time going backwards and forwards tring to read all the new posts

oh and nice to se you have a deuce too!

getting there...