Fiat 126 Chat > Fiat 126 Mechanical Problem Solving

My carb is different to original BIS 30DGF 3/150

(1/2) > >>

Chris Lakin:
I'm really confused, after yesterday with that rubbish garage, i printed off the carb pages from my manual. I managed to tune the carb witha  twist of one screw and it stoped cutting out (why couldnt the garage done that for ?35 i ask myself). I dont know if this has cured the petrol in oil problem but it idles ok now.

One thing i noticed was the carb in the manual was different to my carb  in the BIS, i looked at my engine i bought recently and cleane
dup the carb on it a little and it said weber (it was the one in the manual) and was slightly different to mine already in the car. So it appears my BIS has had a differnt carb put in at some point. Do you think i should put the original one in off the engine i bought even though it needs a good clean??

Any suggeston to which this carb might be?? it has poland written on it! I know for a fact it takes the same float as i have swaped them in the past.

Chris

dajwid:
don't know if you found my post regarding your poor Bis and its sick carb.
 I will post a good second hand Bis carb to you in the next couple of days. I'm told it 100% healthy.

An very early chrismas present from my 126 with a very rusty belly to yours with a sore throat :lol:

I guess The address on the main page is ok?

Dave

Chris Lakin:
Dave that is VERY good of you, i have sent you an email with more detail

Thanks

Chris

gorilly:
unlucky chris... keelers are total rip off merchants... i learnt that after they did the MOT on my old red golf and charged me ?6 for a light bulb even though i had spare bulbs in the glove box..

do you remember my white polo used to cut out like that all the time. some people said it was due to the vacume pipe. does the BIS have a vacume pipe? if its leaking air it can cause this problem.

You could try giving Gavin a call... he is quite good because he will actually talk to you about the problem and he did learn on older carb cars, might be worth a call.

problem is carbs are so delicate and specalist that most normal garages don;t really know what to do, they are all used to fuel injection which has minimal tewaking.

Chris Lakin:
Hi mike, yer the 126 does hav vacum control, i have just been reading in the classic car mag that someone is having same problem, they said its to do with leaking air. So maybe new carb will hopefull cure it!! fingers crossed.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version