Author Topic: Blue steel  (Read 3313 times)

Spudzmonkey

Blue steel
« on: November 08, 2005, 11:52:26 AM »
I've got this tidy blue 126fsm - good little car. Should I 1# keep it original? 2# chrome it up? (make it look like a 70's 126) 3# Abarth it up?

I'm torn between leaving it original and chroming it up - cant afford abarth stuff :sad:

Intresting to know what you people think. - did they produce the original batch in that grey/blue colour? Does blue and chrome clash?

fiatfsm

Blue steel
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 02:25:02 PM »
trouble with chroming it up, on the FSMs you will have the holes showing where the corners of the bumpers mount. there are little black plastic mounts screwed into the wings and when you remove them and put chrome bumpers on it they look rubbish! why not colour code the bumpers, I did that on a white 126 once and it looked cool!
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

Spudzmonkey

Blue steel
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 05:04:15 PM »
Yeah I've noticed them too, but I dont think they're that noticable. If I was to spray the car black. Black and chrome...nice

Photoshop time.

stuey

• Subscribers
Blue steel
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 04:48:29 PM »
It can be done its alot of work!!, but if youre spraying it black it will need to be uber straight as black show up even the best panels beaters imperfections!! -

one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

toz

Blue steel
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 06:14:47 PM »
hi,i also own a fsm(convertible) iam trying to customise mine.the plan is i want it to look like an abarth. but alot of stuff is expensive for the 126 and 500 but it always seems cheaper for the cinquecento.alot of items fit as there is not that much diffrence in the size.iam also undesided about the chrome bumpers as they look very nice on stueys.its entirelly up to you,but chrome always looks nice :wink:

richard

chrome bumpers
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 06:48:59 PM »
ive a set of original chrome bumpers for the 126 if anyone is interested ?

get in touch , you will get chrome/ silver number plate surrounds also

i have pictues and can email them you

get in touch  

laters

merry christmas

maxlee

• http://www.trampdrift.com
Blue steel
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 02:55:19 AM »
is a hard one this i to have the same problem mod it or leave it  :???:

anser is

what sutes you the most and if your keeping the car or using it for a wile and then selling it if your selling it on then standed is good but if your keeping it then do as you wish
TrampDrift its for winners

paul harbinson.

Blue steel
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 08:24:12 AM »
I had a blue fsm and put chrome bumpers on it.The holes in the bodywork I filled with gromets.Nobody see's them.
Dante Giacoso, pure genius!

Darkhorse

Blue steel
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 06:33:32 PM »
Pull the trims off and weld the holes up, they look so damn sexy without trims (I even cut out the lumps where the end caps are located on my girlies Satin black FSM just to finish of the super smooth look)