Author Topic: Regular useage  (Read 4953 times)

paul harbinson.

Regular useage
« on: February 15, 2006, 07:39:10 AM »
Rite boy's and girl's how many of you out there use your 126 everyday.I do and it's hard to beat for scooting in and out of the metropollis.As for the weekly shop,well six bag's up front and the rest on the back seat. :D
Dante Giacoso, pure genius!

fiatfsm

Regular useage
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 08:55:30 AM »
would love to use one everyday, but I love mine so much I just cant bring myself to subject it to the rain and salt! So, I use a a panda instead!
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

Wendywoo

Regular useage
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 10:05:36 AM »
I try to use mine every day, not for work but just for buzzing round to the shops and taking kids to clubs etc.

I love driving it and will find any excuse to drive! Haven't been able to get the 'oldie' parents in it yet though don't know if thats because of embarrasment or the fact that they can't bend enough anymore to get in it  :lol:

The Laird

Regular useage
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 06:41:01 PM »
I use the Puttputt everyday but living on a small island I do not do much in the way of mileage , on average about 5/6 miles a day. We buy fresh produce daily so need to go to the market. Engine rarely gets hot as it is 2 miles downhill on tickover. In fact I can do the daily run and the temperature guage often does not even register ! Weekend is pub run about 8 mile round trip.

kurt green

Regular useage
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 08:14:19 PM »
Hi

after having 12 years rest in the same garage my beauty has had to start working hard again. I recently started a new job and have been doing a round trip of 34 miles daily. She hasn't missed a beat so far and i always look forward to the drive home, i love looking out of the window at work and seeing her parked up in the middle of BMW's Minis and other run of the mill cars. I do stress a little what the elements are going to do to her body but keep her clean and just dodge the big puddles! lovely. :smt048

paul harbinson.

Regular useage
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 07:49:25 AM »
I agree Kurt my car's alway's parked betweem Jags' and Aston's yet it has a character all it's own.Here's a good story a number of week's ago we had the launch of the Aston Martin v8 vantage at the Ulster folk and transport musuem (great spot well worth a visit).I was working at it so along I putted (wearing the whistle and flute) and parked the car in the car park......only to find myself surrounded with Bentleys' Royces' Ferraris' etc,and what do you think the talking point was,yes the 126. :cool: :wink:

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
Regular useage
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 10:21:07 AM »
i think you guys have the right attitude, my brother was saying the other day hes always found the 500/126's stored away have more mechanical problems than the ones run everyday. At least by running it everyday you are forced to make repairs, maintenance waxoyl etc. I try to keep my car clean, its hard work when your running it everyday though.

We have some width restrictions down our road where they put loads and loads of grit down for some reason i always drive slowly through them to stop churning the grit up into car, whilst other drivers are thinking "whats he going so slow for"!!!

Paul is yours fully waxoyled? i know kurts is.

i was chatting to a bloke in halfords, he said he read on net you can make your own waxoyl out of candles and turpentine. Would be interesting to make it.

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

paul harbinson.

Regular useage
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 07:44:48 AM »
Chis my car was well undersealed at the factory.Keep checking the underside from time to time.

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
Regular useage
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 12:04:06 PM »
Sounds a bit dangerous especially if you have a fire  :smt025
Quote from: "Chris Lakin"
i was chatting to a bloke in halfords, he said he read on net you can make your own waxoyl out of candles and turpentine. Would be interesting to make it.

Vin

Regular useage
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 03:31:28 PM »
I have a 120 mile round motorway trip to work (Leeds) everyday, I use the Brava, 126 is in a 'Permabag' at the minute as, like Barry I don't want to use it during the winter, especially after the effort I put into it. I use the Panda 750 at the weekends though :D
1978 900T Citivan, 1986 126 FSM, 1985 Panda 45CL, 1988 Panda 1000CL, 1991 Panda 750L, 2000 Brava SX 105 JTD

Chris Lakin

Regular useage
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 04:13:59 PM »
haha we sound like over prtotected parents wrapping our kids up in cotton wool.  :lol:  :lol:

i think Neil wins the award for best wraped up car!!  :lol:

Chris

Chris Lakin

Regular useage
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 06:18:05 PM »
also Neil, can i ask how much these "perma bags" are and where we can get mopre info on them? i remember you saying on the phone that they get rid of the moisture too which are recharged n the oven.

regards

Chris

bis13

Regular useage
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 07:54:04 PM »
i have been using my bis every day for a couple of weeks round trip of 70 miles per day and although it takes me twice as long as my golf it is twice as much fun . i actually look forward to conking out as i always get it going again . also i seem to atract a lot of attention as i have been photographed 4 times in this time always on the m20 . or waved at by lunatic girls in minibuses .

Chris Lakin

Regular useage
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 08:43:01 PM »
blimey, must be the first time ive heard someone say they enjoy breaking down in their 126!! i must try that one if its gets the girls waving? you sure those camera flashes wernt speed cameras  :lol:

Chris

bis13

Regular useage
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 08:48:48 PM »
i had a race with a horse box (lorry ) the other day i let it nudge past me and put my foot down the acceleration nearly snapped my neck as i rocketted up to a hefty 78 mph !!!. if only there was a speed camera i think it would be worth it .