Author Topic: i couldn't part with her!!  (Read 1610 times)

green-fly

i couldn't part with her!!
« on: April 11, 2011, 01:55:14 AM »

Just a quick update about my car sale (or lack of it in the end) guys and girls! I had a lot of interest via my car and classics online ad.. buyers from London,Portsmouth,Manchester all offered the asking price even Hong Kong but a local couple came to see it first and desperately wanted it but without wanting to mess anyone around felt i couldnt part with my car in the end knowing i'd struggle to ever find another one like it again (everyone that sees it says the same and it made my mind up!) Financially its buggered my other restoration plans up a bit but it would have soon been spent! Was even offered more than i was asking which made me want to keep her all the more strangely!!  I've had other cars i've regretted selling in the past and had the same gut feeling this time!  Hoping to get to some shows this year, i've done more miles in the last few weeks than last 6 years! loved it ;D.

Enjoy your cars everyone and thanks for your comments when i advertised the car here before!

bis13

Re: i couldn't part with her!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:47:07 PM »
bloody time waster.........good decision hope to see it in all its greeness one day! 

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:57:32 PM »
Hi Brett,

Think you have made the right decision, Green Fly is part of your Family ;D Enjoy the summer maybe we will see you at RR Prescott Hill in August It shouldn't be too far away from you?
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

green-fly

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 10:26:52 PM »
Thanks guys..am considering the brooklands show, I'd better set off now though! Think Prescott hill is even further from mine Pete, is it gloucestershire? Was told years ago by the guy restoring my other car to be warned our possessions own us, not the other way round! I'm glad I kept my car..rare little thing :D

Kent126

• Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 12:19:37 AM »
Good decision! Glad it's still in the club!  ;D

Hope to see you at Brooklands!?

Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »
You have definitely made the right decision. I thought you were a bit mad to sell it, as it is quite rare to see a 126 (or any make/model for that matter) in pristine condition. Hope to see the car in one of the meetings/events!

green-fly

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 02:13:50 AM »
..Temporary insanity! ;D i actually also had one club member wanting to view but took a couple of weeks to sort between us with my work/their raising funds..had it not took that long the car would have gone i think!(was so focused on raising my other resto funds) looking forward to catching up with you guys too..only a couple of small shows in my area this year so definately thinking about brooklands if enough of you are going and we have a little gathering!