Author Topic: would you buy one  (Read 4869 times)

126fan

would you buy one
« on: November 24, 2006, 03:56:17 PM »
http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=812269

the new 500 due 2007, looks nice new but you can see the 500 resemblence!!!

still id buy one. what do you reckon to it?

fiatfsm

would you buy one
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 08:39:08 PM »
I saw the concept in Geneva in 2004, loved it and yes I would have one... but... only if its fun to drive unlike the new Punto which isnt :lol:
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

126dave

would you buy one
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 09:38:34 PM »
it looks great,especialy the abarth ones,but,its a new car,chassis shared with the ford ka................and im just not impressed with new cars,its gna be bland and grey to drive,when you blip the throttle for a down shift its gna do that over rev thing that new cars do for emissions pooe(never mind the 747's overhead spewing raw kerosene into the ozone)........8-9k? id buy 750 abarth 600 corsa or a mint 850 coupe any time.............. :cool:
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

fiatfsm

would you buy one
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 09:42:37 PM »
its not developed by Ford though, its totally Fiat designed, with some Ford cash so they can use the platform. Know what you mean about the over rev, its so annoying. Not all cars are bland, the Pandas great.

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
would you buy one
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 09:44:41 PM »
yer its nice to see the name being ued again, youre right though Barry, i wouldnt touch it if it didnt handle like it should, but going by cinqs and seicento's i think the 500 will handle equaly as well and be fun.

Dave i would get a mint fiat 850 coupe  :lol: i just love them, apparently they are quite nippy.

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

126dave

would you buy one
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 09:57:24 PM »
well,a pooe vehicle does have its place in my life.......but it would be somthing bland and pooe up front.......a deisel this or an eco the other(got to be at least 10 year old),but dont try to wrap a city ka plateform up in abarth colours or retro looks and hit me for 9k.
when you take in depreciation and insurance etc,they(the new ''cheap eco cars'') are not so cheap to own...............

in the 1960's when the little fiat city cars were abarthed,they at least spat fire and had character...................i cannot see a ford ka chasied/platformed ''''abarth''' 500 being cult/collectible in 20 odd yoers time?

interseting that the new crap has a ''platform'' and older classics have a chassis? even tho that the concept is the same...platform tuning anyone?????

fiatfsm

would you buy one
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 09:06:36 AM »
youre missing the point dave, its not a Ford platform, its a totally Fiat designed car. Ford cant afford to redesign the Ka so they will use the Fiat. Fiat are also looking at a 2 cylinder engine for it, so it will be a unique vehicle, dont rubbish it before it even comes out! I agree though, if its 9k then thats too much.

Chris Lakin

would you buy one
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 12:22:42 PM »
2 cylinder now thats more like it, i thought they would lump a punto engine or something, but a new engine all together?

regards

Chris

126dave

would you buy one
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 01:19:55 PM »
sorry,didnt mean to be offensive in any way.......really? a two cylinder? i have seen the abarth versions in some mags at work.........i thought (wrongly) that they were just panda ''platforms'' with a retro look shell plopped on,like the golf/beetle joke

a hot two cylinder real ''nuovo'' 500 would be nice

bis13

would you buy one
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 07:10:54 PM »
i think they should move on and not reserect a model that has not been in production for years.   mini was a mistake cos its not a mini its a little beemer and the beetle has been made to look like a poofters car . call it something to match the era its produced in....   say the fiat illegal immigrant 500!!!!! ha ha    also both the mini and the vw are not priced in the price bracket they were originnally designed for i  doubt if fiat will break the mould and make this car a cheapy either.  why bring out a little car when you have the perodoooooaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!! or the diehatssssssssuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeee?? you cant replace the originals i like oil on my drive and a whiney gearbox crap brakes  and the eccentric people that drive these cars . i cant wait to see what happens when a "new 500" tries to join their club!!!!!!!    if i do offend or rock the boat i dont care , come and get me when we meet up at xmas time in london....to be arranged. love mick

126dave

would you buy one
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 07:25:17 PM »
love it.......... :lol:

dajwid

• Subscribers
would you buy one
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 08:30:34 AM »
I'd have one if they were cheap. Ford Ka handles well. So if they are KA ish should OK. I hope the engines are in the right place.

Bruce

would you buy one
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 04:11:46 PM »
Quote from: "dajwid"
I'd have one if they were cheap. Ford Ka handles well. So if they are KA ish should OK. I hope the engines are in the right place.

not a hope, it will be front wheel drive with an engine at the front, just like the new beatle.

126dave

would you buy one
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 04:20:02 PM »
i agree with bruce..............the chance of a rear engine is zero due to packaging problems,and prob crash test probs as well

Chris Lakin

would you buy one
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 07:15:00 PM »
:sad: