Author Topic: A Cinquecento 0.7  (Read 3058 times)

Steve J

A Cinquecento 0.7
« on: December 31, 2018, 07:11:32 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Well I know it's not technically a Fiat 126 but it is a cousin, so I'm hoping it will still be welcome here... (even if it just stands at the side of the room looking slightly embarassed!)

As I'm sure everyone will know the UK market only saw the Cinquecento with either an 899 or 1108cc engine. Back in Poland however, buyers there were treated to a rip-snorting 700cc version powered by the 2-cylinder water-cooled engine from the 126BIS. As a long-time Cinquecento fan was I intrigued when one of these popped up for sale on ebay for breaking in Lincolnshire. To cut a long story short, I saved the poor thing from the back of a windswept industrial estate in Lincolnshire and have begun the process of getting it recommissioned and UK registered. I don't suppose there are too many (or indeed any) of these on the road in this country, unless anyone knows different.

Although I'm familiar enough with the usual 4 cylinder versions, the 2 cylinder engine is a complete unknown to me, so I'm hoping I may be able to call on some mechnical expertise on this forum as things progress. The car does run and drive but needs a far amount of fettling before it turns a wheel on UK soil for the first time.

I'd be very glad to hear of any other members in the Notts/Derby area.

Cheers!
Steve  :D

Pete126

• Administrator
Re: A Cinquecento 0.7
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 03:31:40 PM »
Hi Steve welcome to the Forum they certainly a rare beast over here, the Bis engine is almost identical to the 700CC with a few upgrades and as I recall runs anti-clockwise so they could turn the engine round to work in FWD,
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

Steve J

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 06:58:22 PM »
Hi Pete, many thanks for the kind welcome.

The guy I bought the car from intended to remove the engine and use it in his 126... until he found that out it spins the wrong way!

Steve

Gordan

• Subscribers
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 07:46:51 AM »
Hello Steve,
I am looking foreward to following this project, good luck!

Btw what do all those wires do? Its basically the same engine but it looks much more complex...
PLEASE FOLLOW MY PROGRESS ON IG: https://www.instagram.com/fiatbis/

126blackbird

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 09:22:16 AM »
It wonder how many part are different from the 126 engine, I believe the rocker cover is alloy which the bis does not have.
Good luck with getting it back on the road.

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 11:11:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Does the engine have the same bhp as the Bis?

DEYAN IYI

• Bulgarian Polski FIAT 126p Fanclub
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 04:42:33 PM »
Hi, mates!

Nice to see CC700 around :)

If you wanna change the direction of the engine, first of all, the pistons need to be turned around 180°, since the bolt is not right in the middle of the piston.

Then in order to keep the direction of the camshaft, it'll need a "chainless" timing kit, as the one on the attached picture. There is not an optional camshaft from another 126/500 (the gear that actuates oil pump is different to the one with the ignition distributor), if fitted with normal timing chain,  being engineered for hydraulic lifters and that is why even from Bis is not OK. The Bis has different degrees too.

The third thing is to remake the teeth on the crankshaft pulley, because of the ignition.

It is just a theory. ;D

CC 700 makes 30 or 31hp at 5000rpm, depending on the model and 47Nm/2750rpm vs. 26hp/4000rpm and 47Nm/2000 for the Bis.

Best!

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 07:44:25 AM »
Hi Steve,
How are you getting on with fixing the Cinquecento? Looking forward to hearing from you.