Author Topic: Wiring Diagram for an 86/87 FSM ?  (Read 5893 times)

bis13

Re: Wiring Diagram for an 86/87 FSM ?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 09:30:44 AM »
i now realise where you mean they are located they are plugged into the rear of the gearbox so that when you select reverse it lights up. by the way sorry i didnt post diagrams as i didnt get out to the car as my feet wouldnt let me (long story) but i have lost four toe nails so far and four more are about to fall off! i wiil scan them taday (or my wife will) and then i will post them.

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 09:49:58 AM »
Posting toe nails  :o What are you like  ;D

Just taken a rather poor picture up in my shed of a gearbox front end. Slightly confusing as there is another gearbox in the background. The nearest one shows the speedo drive on the left , then the reverse light switch and the gear change on the right.

124cso

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 05:03:38 AM »
I will have to take off the torque plate and have a look /feel up in the mucky darkness, that is that area of my car. A previous owner has either rustproofed or re-undersealed the car with a bitumous looking product and everything is covered in sticky black. And it LOVES adhereing the undersides of fingernails.

One thing I did notice was the name attached to your pic!
'Horopito' is a New Zealand native shrub used by some for culinery uses and also a small settlement in the central North Island. It is home to a famous long established car wrecking yard featured in the NZ film "Smash palace".

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 08:13:37 AM »
Hi , I did mention in a reply to your first posting that I had just got back from New Zealand and managed to pay a second visit to Horopito. I had hoped to catch up with Allan Cameron who is in Waihi & has a 126 but I ran out of time.

124cso