Author Topic: Will a Fiat 125 Blinker Lense fit on a 126 housing?  (Read 1746 times)

gsxr126

Will a Fiat 125 Blinker Lense fit on a 126 housing?
« on: November 23, 2009, 12:11:01 AM »
Hi all,

I have been toying with the idea of a flat blinker lense, rather than the odd shaped ones on the 126. I noticed an ad on ebay for fiat 125 blinker lenses that are flat. Has anyone fitted these to a 126, or does anyone know if the dimensions between boltholes are the same as a 126?

Thanks in advance & cheers, GSXR126.
The Good - White Niki all Std Daily Driver, The Bad - Black Niki GSXR1300 BMW diff & suspension, The Ugly - Red Niki quietly Rusting In Peace

bis13

Re: Will a Fiat 125 Blinker Lense fit on a 126 housing?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »
nope nope and nope but then again you are the man who has a bike engine in a 126 so i suggest thats an easy job for you to sort have a look at what lenses grab you and then adapt the car to fit them.
 you would however need ultra bright indicators as if you do the speeds your car is capable of then you would have to indicate about a 600m from your turning!!

gsxr126

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 10:27:54 PM »
Thanks Bis13, so that's a resounding no then.

I have a pic of a car I'm basing my 126 build on and this car has the flat blinkers I'm creaming over.

Then there are the 125 lenses I saw on ebay which look very similar to the pic.

But if you say they wont fit I'll take your word for it. (hopefully the pics uploaded)

Forget about the bulbs, I want people to see where I've been not where I'm going and yes it doesnt corner in its current state. It is far from "road going" at the moment, but if I want to take it out on the street again, (wont be until the brakes are sorted) I'll just disconnect one of the drive shafts to make it a single wheeler and hopefully it will go around corners a bit more nicely. But its wrong to say it doesnt corner completely. When i took it for the test drive I turn the steering wheel and the rear wheels obeyed immediately.
The Good - White Niki all Std Daily Driver, The Bad - Black Niki GSXR1300 BMW diff & suspension, The Ugly - Red Niki quietly Rusting In Peace

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 10:58:05 PM »
Good looking mistress there  ;) They handle great so with the extra power it'll be great fun!

'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

gsxr126

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 06:58:46 AM »
Hi Darrell,

Not my mistress unfortunately, but i hope to get mine looking similar.

Hopefully the mods I've done will go a fair way to improving the handling: mid mount engine,
Hayabusa coil over shocks in the rear, and soon to be converted front coil over setup (still in thinking stage, as i dont like to go with conventional setups) - looking at a cantilever setup as there is ample room under the bonnet.

Cheers Daniel

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 11:15:15 AM »
The rear standard suspension is good, I'd concerntrate on the front just for a bit more stability.

I run mine completely standard (except wider wheels) and it corners like a demon. Easily out-manoevers most cars on roundabouts, it's just in the wet I tend to loose the front due to it being so light, if I flick it into a corner it goes into a 4 wheel slide, but in the dry it's amazing.
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

gsxr126

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 01:11:26 AM »
Hey BIS13,

I bit the bullet and bought the lenses anyway. Could have been a waste of$20us. I will let you know how i go

Cheers

bis13

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 06:34:08 PM »
call me mick, i didnt say they will not fit i just thought you would not have any problems making them fit! if you want flat lenses try old golf mk1 or mk2 lenses but those will need body mods.