Author Topic: How to move a 126.  (Read 11692 times)

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
How to move a 126.
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 11:03:15 AM »
Dajwid is reliable, he sent me a great carb over. i was chuffed with that. but you are coming to England arnt you Dajwid?

i would love to have a decent stream of supplies, i hate the feeling of not knowing where i can get some parts from which arnt rip offs.

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

PaulB

How to move a 126.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 05:09:06 PM »
I can wait for a long as it takes. I am looking for regular springs. Thanks again.

[rant]
The Poles should take whatever they can get for whatever they can sell. They don't owe anybody anything, and are just sh*t on every which way they turn.  Its the same in Cornwall - my family grumble about them, but I just ask them -  what are they complaining about? Are they jealous its not them being bused from farm to farm like cattle - paid the minimum wage then ripped off for accomodation not fit for livestock? Or perhaps they are jealous they don't come from a country that had half its population killed either by the Nazis or Stalin, were occupied (again) for 60 years and finally risked everything to break free without anyone else lifting a finger (and in the process managed to bring the whole Warsaw Pact crashing down - though we in the west like to claim credit for that), only to be accepted into the EU on unequal terms to be treated like second class citizens?
You can imagine the fun family chats we have around the Christams table!
[/rant]

Bruce

How to move a 126.
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 06:10:51 PM »
i'm with you there, and when my relatives from the US moan about all the iraqis going to "their" country i have to ask who bombed theirs, and did you ask the native Americans if they minded?

gregs656

How to move a 126.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 06:39:58 PM »
agreed, a nice little rant

rings true
The Hunt Continues. . .

fiatfsm

How to move a 126.
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 11:13:29 AM »
agree with most of it, however before the Nazis and Russians invaded, the Poles were a fiercely fascist people and actually commited plenty of atrocities against their Jewish population themselves. Its a fact that had Hitler not wanted the living space for himself then the Nazi government agreed that the Poles would have been an ideal ally... food for thought.
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

Chris Lakin

How to move a 126.
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 02:55:56 PM »
attrocities on Jewish people were being carried out long before the Nazi's arrived and in other countries look at Hungary. Most of the east was hit by ethnic nationalism, they wernt proper independent nations untill 20thC so largely fought amonst themselves. Alot of poles emmigrated to France after ww1 to start a new life.

Jews had been classed as 2nd class citizens in Britain too before 20thc when they immigrated here as a stepping stone to America to have a bit of the "American Dream" Poland has been ruled by Austrians, Hngarians, Russians, and the German empire, & had even occupied Warsaw when it was part of the Russian empire before WW2

You would have thought by taking production of 126's to Poland would have really boosted their economy! Maybe it made little impact because it was still a communist nation? ive also heard that Poland today is run by alot of mafia gangs? Barry youve been there havnt you, whats it like for a brit?

would love to visit the country! we cant moan one bit about their producion they produced an equaly if not better 126 than the Italians!

regards

Chris

p.s Paul your welcome over for xmas dinner! we would have some good debates! do we need a soap box section on the forum now?  :lol: (just kidding)

bis13

How to move a 126.
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 06:59:05 PM »
poles are no different from any other nation . theres the hard workers and the lazy b/stards i have experience of both sets . and if you could move to somewhere where you would be better off, would you not move? same as every immigrant who enters this country and fills another poo job no one wants to do until its gone!

fiatfsm

How to move a 126.
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 07:16:01 PM »
yep, been to Poland and found it fine for a Brit. Same as anywhere else, some people are very pleasant, some bloomin rude... as I said just like any other place. True re 126 production, if anything the FSM cars are tougher than Italian built 126s. I just have one moan about the Poles living and working here... why are they so noisy? One more, why dont any of their gorgeous women come here, its just loud blokes we get!!!
Best looking girl on the whole planet works in the Metropolitan Bar in Krakow, well in December 2004 she did!!! Its a shame the Russians did their best to ruin the country financially, it will be a long time before they become a richer country like the Czech Republic has become. Imagine if the Germans were still there, our 126s would be superb quality!!!! Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein 126!!!

126dave

How to move a 126.
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 07:38:10 PM »
all the really gorgous polish women are here in jersey,drop dead stunning most of them,and doing a good job of marrying in to the local population.

also,sadly,lots of rumours flying around of extortion/prostitution and organised crime gangs............. :sad:
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

fiatfsm

How to move a 126.
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 07:41:35 PM »
Oh dear, its all going to end in tears some day :roll:

126dave

How to move a 126.
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 07:57:03 PM »
some locals are very worried about our fragile finance industry being comprimised by eastern ''mafia''......not sure about that myself,but it is a concern,hard to talk about it without being labeled racist as well,that does'nt help.............
anyhow,is'nt this site about these mad little cars????????????? :lol:
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

PaulB

How to move a 126.
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 10:49:30 PM »
Yeh, as I as saying... I need regular springs (front and back) along with the trailing arms... :)

I think a trip to Poland would make real sense for the club at some point. But flights??? Its got to be by road, surely? I'm still pondering a trip to Italy next summer for the 500s 50th birthday. 2007 will also be the 126s 35th birthday.

Chris Lakin

How to move a 126.
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006, 12:02:43 AM »
35 years of these wonderful cars, and the club only started a year ago? mental! Trip to Poland sounds good!

will be a good excuse for a massive party!!!!  :lol:

regards

Chris

dajwid

• Subscribers
How to move a 126.
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2006, 06:35:17 AM »
The red car is totally stripped. Will be cut up for scrap this week :cry:
tons of new parts were fitted but too rotten around the rear inner wings to bother getting sorted. At least I have plenty of spare parts.

If you can wait till July I can bring the suspension parts over. New of course, not from mine.

Going to look at another 126 this morning (the wife is really pissed off, just got rid of one and you're getting another). :wink:  :x  :???:

Have a look what do you think?

http://allegro.pl/item101451669_poczciwy_kaszlak_126p_zobacz_w_jakim_stanie_.html

1984, one owner 'old man now died'. always garaged. eighty quid.
Seems a bargain to me.
Will report back later.

dajwid

• Subscribers
How to move a 126.
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2006, 06:56:45 AM »
Note the tow bar, very important I could get a flat bed trailer and use it to tow my campervan.

Looks like a rev counter on the dash too, very tidy interior :???:

Must be worth a look for that money.

This one is really nice but he wants too much for it.

http://allegro.pl/item100785780_polski_fiat_126p_z_1976r_igla_rodzynek_.html

It really is mint. 800 pounds :roll: