Author Topic: Silly question... how do I assemble the engine mount?  (Read 967 times)

Me_and_BIScuit

• Subscribers
Silly question... how do I assemble the engine mount?
« on: March 22, 2020, 08:01:16 AM »
So the story is this... when I took the rear cover off to work on the engine, I decided to address a dent where BIScuit has suffered a fender bender in it's life. Long story short, I took out the mount assembly and somehow mixed up the parts, and now I can't figure out for my life in which order it goes together. The way it's shown in the manual with the big rubber bearing under the spring makes it impossible to cram it in that little cubby hole, spring and all, and I remember the bearing being on top above the spring when I took the lid off? Was it wrong to begin with? Anyways, can someone show me a picture how theirs is put together, please?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:09:36 AM by Me_and_BIScuit »

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
Re: Silly question... how do I assemble the engine mount?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 10:18:26 AM »
From the subscribers section.

Me_and_BIScuit

• Subscribers
Re: Silly question... how do I assemble the engine mount?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 10:58:48 PM »
Thanks! Ok, so now I know the order it is assembled but what I also need to know (and can't remember) is how this is fitted in the back panel? I vaguely remember that at least the spring and something else was in the space under the ledge where the bolt goes through. And the mount bracket goes under the assembly, right? Sorry if I sound silly but I'm dealing with a slight learning disability and I need to see how it is fitted, with arrows pointing at things. ADD is fun lol
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 11:14:09 PM by Me_and_BIScuit »