Author Topic: whats happened to the garage section?  (Read 9485 times)

meuton

whats happened to the garage section?
« on: October 09, 2007, 09:06:48 AM »
It appears the garage section is going through changes? updates? as a lrage section of seems to have disapeared at present?  I hope were going to see an even better garage section as i feel its a very important part of the forum and a great plat form for all members to draw inspiration from, If it is being updated could i take this opportunity to suggest the categories are increased to include 10 cars in each instead of the current 5 as therre seems to alot of new members recently and not alot of cars featured,

cheers Doug
Its slow but it does it in style !!

f500126

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 10:53:18 AM »
The garage section was downgraded recently because of stupid additions being added to some of the updates. The garage section was not intended for this purpose and these additions will spoil the garage layout.

I have now reverted back to the old garage settings and changed the number of cars to 10.

So please only add useful comments to this section.

f500126
forum admin

meuton

mods
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 12:10:25 PM »
I think in all honesty its maybe due to some members having little experience of actually modifying cars and thus some seemingly insignificant mods were being logged up on that part of the garage section.  I do however feel it would be helpfull if members who done significant mods ie. things like suspension lowering, disc brakes conversions etc and specail mods take pics and log them for all to see and get inspiration

cheers Doug

126dave

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 12:28:34 PM »
ah hands up it was me  :lol: ......forum quiet and thought id have some fun on my garage section and increase my amount of mods rating, thats all, apologies to anyone who was upset or whatever by my last fun tuning mods.....i guess i should have posted each change to the car,never mind eh? as it happens i am at the mo fitting my new motor and hybrid gearbox so will post some real info soon.... :P...........

think i have a buyer for car but he wants it in fully flying condition so in goes the motor thats been on bench for months
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

meuton

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 12:40:07 PM »
Dave your a very very naughty boy, now go to your room and no diner for you

cheers Doug

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 04:03:49 PM »
I was unaware this was a modding only section.Or indeed 'some members having little experience of actually modifying cars and thus some seemingly insignificant mods'
I thought sites such as 'retro rides' were for such people and this was a general 126 site, many members are not interested in modding their 126, surely they shouldn't be frowned upon, or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

126dave

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 06:26:20 PM »
not at all its just some people add mods that are frankly not much more that painting the wheel bolts (as i posted)........i thought id join them and increase my modifications to a higher level...........no problem and like i said,sorry to all i offended  :roll:

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 06:32:10 PM »
Please do not add irrelevant mods to the garage section it only messes things up.
Dave I thought Buzz1 was no longer around?

126dave

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 06:36:01 PM »
your right,buzz 1 is gone,well in my yard without engine box etc.......buzz 2 was almost done then i got side tracked,so new rebuilt demon 652 was on bench.............now i have today fitted it and bis/a/c box....tomorrow i need to plumb in oil cooler etc and fire it up.......

meuton

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 11:48:20 PM »
Quote from: "dajwid"
I was unaware this was a modding only section.Or indeed 'some members having little experience of actually modifying cars and thus some seemingly insignificant mods'
I thought sites such as 'retro rides' were for such people and this was a general 126 site, many members are not interested in modding their 126, surely they shouldn't be frowned upon, or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick as it were as i was refering to the modifications section in the garage area and mearly pointing out my belief is that a modification is something that substantially improves or alters either the engine, interior, body, sound system (although maybe this should have its own section?) wheels, suspension etc etc and if we all went about listing every little thing in that part some of the users on here would be into 3 figures of mods

cheers Doug hope that clears it up  :P

meuton

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 11:58:41 PM »
oh and whilst were on the subject lol and pointing fingers has bis13 really spent and stagering £5,000,095 in his car? lol he he he seems theres a few jokers on here lol,

Oh and another question why does it seem only registered users of the forum can view the garage section? seems a bit weird to not let everyone visiting hte site see the cars as its a bit like window shopping and may increase the awareness of the model!

cheers Doug

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 07:07:55 AM »
Personally I think it should be fully paid up members only, to most of the forum.

meuton

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 08:23:41 AM »
Quote from: "dajwid"
Personally I think it should be fully paid up members only, to most of the forum.

OH? And why is that? would you care to elaborate?

Cheers Doug

126dave

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
I'll get my coat........................

Dom

• http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2915992
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 10:12:21 AM »
In my opinion, a mod is anything that makes the car different from standard - including painting wheel nuts.
What you talk about meuton is called tuning and performance upgrades.
What concerns me more, is how pedantic and whinging many people have become on this forum - it used to be and still is in most part fun and friendly as well as informative. Keep up the positive and chill out and stop attacking each other like little children