Author Topic: Aircooled help...heating and vents  (Read 1519 times)

desyboy

Aircooled help...heating and vents
« on: January 09, 2018, 07:25:38 AM »

Relatively new to site. Reminiscing with 126 and couldn’t decide on BIS or Aircooled so bought both! Much help and assistance re the BIS from 126blackbird , true gent.

Now, the Aircooled. 1987.....silly question first... the side vents.... I want to remove and blackened. I’ve undone the two screws but it won’t come, is there a trick or am I stupid, I don’t want to bend and snap ??

More sensible question.... the interior heat isn’t coming through to cabin. There are two levers between the seats. Left one is choke and right one seems to be a heater control to allow heat from engine to front dash vents. I have it pulled up but no heat is coming out of vents. The handbrake gets very warm though so it seems to be getting through to that point.

I have searched for other answers , there are a couple of similar posts but the answer is still not quite clear:

What’s going wrong , what do I need to do to fix it , how do I access to make the fix, what are the parts required.

Also , the two heater controls in centre of dash... two pull /push toggles... one has a windscreen image and one a circular image... I presume it’s for heat on screen or cabin but I don’t have an owners manual (on order).... when the heat does flow how should they be positioned... one in , one out; both out ?

Last question I promise... I need a new bumper gasket and associated button fasteners..... any ideas of where I can source at reasonable price?

Thanks all

pietschokkenbroek

Re: Aircooled help...heating and vents
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 09:17:01 AM »
Two 126's !!! ;D  :) (some guys have it all  :D)

What I remember from removing the air vents on my car is that they might stick.. But no special trick needed.

As far as I know the centre levers are indeed for operating the choke and startermotor..

In my car there is a lever just in front of the rear seat, which operates the airflow to the cabine... If your handbrake gets warm there might be a blockage in the centre tunnel..

Good luck  :thumbup

1973/126

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:54:19 AM »
 Sounds like you've got one of the latest type rhd a/c models so yes the leaver next to the choke is for the heating. It operates the flap Piet posted a photo of. Check your heater hoses are in good shape and intact. If they are OK, check the flap by the rear seats(you'll have to lift the carpet and open the inspection plate)as it might be sticking and not opening fully.
 I can't remember in which order the two controls work at the front. I'll check one of my manuals later.

On a separate note. Is this by any chance the maroon 126 that was for sale on Car and Classic recently?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:59:27 AM by 1973/126 »
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

desyboy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 06:27:23 PM »
Super

Thanks both.... I shall get the carpet out.... is the pipe work accessed from underside?

Yes ... the D reg 126 recently advertised.... I’ll post a pic

desyboy

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 06:42:39 PM »
Photos too big to post

Yes D reg online recently... good solid condition, MOT and runs well