Author Topic: Home Market.  (Read 2790 times)

paul harbinson.

Home Market.
« on: September 28, 2005, 07:41:25 AM »
Heres one for you,chaps.As you know I have a '95 126 and I was wondering after FIAT stopped selling the car in the UK and went back to the aircooled model did they sell the car anywhere else in Europe (for example Italy) or was the wee gem just built entirely for the home market(Poland). :???: Answers on a postcard :lol: Only jesting :D
Dante Giacoso, pure genius!

fiatfsm

Home Market.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 10:25:56 AM »
OK, first up Fiat never stopped the aircooled at all, even when the Bis was being made the aircooled was still in production. When the Cinq arrived in 1992 the 126 was only available in eastern europe... Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary at least. Not sure about the less developed countries like Romania etc though. Non of western europe got it anymore, but there was a German company called Petra... they imported cars from the factory and made them OK for the German TUV using 3 way cats supplied from Sweden. These cars were sold up till 2000 in Germany in limited numbers as the Petra Piccolino, apparently very popular in and around Hamburg with students as the main dealer in Germany was Wilfred Ritz at the Fiat 500 center in Hamburg.
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

paul harbinson.

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 10:59:59 AM »
Magic mate thats brill.Always wanted to know that.Cheers :D

fiatfsm

Home Market.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 11:59:16 AM »
cool, glad to have helped! did you personally import your car then?
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

paul harbinson.

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 01:33:24 PM »
No matey,I bought the car in a town called Portglenone (about a fourty minute drive from Belfast).The guy I bought the car off (it wasnt registered in his name and had'nt been on the road since'99) bought it off the original owner.He was from N.Ireland and worked in Warsaw,he bought the car new and when he decided to come home he drove the car back!!!The car was already registered here and all I did was replace the wheel cylinders,exhaust,swap the headlights (for RHD) and swap fog light.