Author Topic: Project Fiat 126 with Supercharged Honda Blackbird power!  (Read 16858 times)

Darrell

• facebook profile
Re: Project Fiat 126 with Supercharged Honda Blackbird power!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 09:21:46 PM »
 :o road going!

If you can get it through the dvla red tape that puts a completely diferent light on it ;)
I thought it was just a toy as I've seen one locally which is rusting to bits, the guy blew the bike engine and then lost interest :( I cursed him and told him he was a heathen and a savage :P

They say you'll need a reverse gear (obviously know that), and will be interesting to hear how you get-on with the DVLA and how it will be to insure etc. I've heard lots of mods make insurance bills huge which is what put me off attemting it and guys on here go-on about tests etc, almost makes it sound impossible to pass a modified car but obviously not.

do agrue with myself a bit especially with regard to my own 126 :P I was reacting to the comment about my so-called slating...as most will confirm I am strait down the line when it comes to my comments

If I had that on the road I think I'd be a hazard :P Teach a few new car divers a lesson in manners  :P
Would be nice if I had A running 126 even! :P Mine looks like it needs a new engine  :P
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

thepuddlejumper

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 10:33:30 PM »
I also think it's the 'Mutts Nuts' I would love to be able to do this well maybe not as radical.  I have been looking at suicide doors for both my 126 and 500, did you fab the hinges or buy in? If you have any photos of the suicide conversion it would be helpful.

Ralph

GTMaster

• Na most a tuti- tuti- tuti
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 03:17:11 PM »
Those suicide doors are handy if your brakes malfunction.... :P are those hinges off a Fiat 500?
"One more drink, Lacikám?"

All about car restoration can be found in the song
"Got my mind set on you" by George Harrison...

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 10:06:40 PM »
I believe the 500's with suicide doors have considerably different body panels with obviously alot more strength in different places to the normal doors
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

retropower

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 02:21:18 PM »
:o road going!

If you can get it through the dvla red tape that puts a completely diferent light on it ;)
I thought it was just a toy as I've seen one locally which is rusting to bits, the guy blew the bike engine and then lost interest :( I cursed him and told him he was a heathen and a savage :P

They say you'll need a reverse gear (obviously know that), and will be interesting to hear how you get-on with the DVLA and how it will be to insure etc. I've heard lots of mods make insurance bills huge which is what put me off attemting it and guys on here go-on about tests etc, almost makes it sound impossible to pass a modified car but obviously not.

do agrue with myself a bit especially with regard to my own 126 :P I was reacting to the comment about my so-called slating...as most will confirm I am strait down the line when it comes to my comments

If I had that on the road I think I'd be a hazard :P Teach a few new car divers a lesson in manners  :P
Would be nice if I had A running 126 even! :P Mine looks like it needs a new engine  :P

Yeah, SVA is bloody awkward to get through, but possible - we've done it before. The plus is it is then registered as a new car, so no MOT for 3 years.

The other option is just not to tell anyone (other than the insurance of course) and just MOT it as normal - as long as your MOT man doesn't have anything against you should be no problem.

Those suicide doors are handy if your brakes malfunction.... :P are those hinges off a Fiat 500?

Nah, they are the 126 hinges but lengthened slightly to help swing the door wider. both ends of the doors and the pillars have been significantly reworked though.

On the subject of the doors, this is another area where there will be work for SVA - a secondary latch mech is required along with a visible and audible warning if the door is not fully latched. Makes sense though - wouldn't want them coming open at 150mph!!

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »
Went up to Retro Power yesterday to pick up the interior I bought on Ebay, Many thanks to Ivan.

I must say Retro Power is a great place, The most friendly guys you could wish to meet (even when a person arrives and gets in the way of breakfast, Sorry).

The job you have made on the 126 is amazing.

Hope we get to hear about and see pics of Callum's Bis ????? (or his plan).

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
Awesome!!! Updates please!!!

candanoglu

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 08:55:56 AM »
heeey we want new photo...

Seabee1978126

• YOU DONT LIKE US UNTIL YOU NEED US
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 10:18:34 AM »
I agree ^  :D

MateuszPL

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 03:35:48 PM »
I really something beautiful to look what people are doing with our Polish fiat126p, Revelation Yours

Wagoneer

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
How's this coming along then? Have I missed it's completion? With regard to the door latches, have you heard of Bear Claw catches from the USA? I believe they are popular in the hot rod world when making suicide doors.
I don't blame you for starting with a good shell, it's always the best idea to start a project like this with the best possible base car. Personally, I've started with a rusting wreck but hey ho, it was free!

poxxxy

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 10:31:15 PM »
Did this end up finished as seems to have disappeared from online existence :(
My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 09:36:18 PM »
Don't know how you missed this :P The guy is a member on here but has not posted since 2012 ;D Take a look [HERE]
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo