Author Topic: Best tyre size  (Read 1538 times)

Iansmi1972

Best tyre size
« on: April 04, 2016, 04:42:08 PM »
Best tyre and size for alloy wheel size 4-98 r13's for a 126

drcdb15

Re: Best tyre size
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 05:57:13 PM »
Have a look here and play around with 'what if?'s...

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Don't forget the width of the tyre will impact (perhaps literally!!) the clearance of the under-wing bodywork, suspension etc.

drcdb15

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 06:12:25 PM »
I see you've asked pretty much the same question in a separate thread. Rather than proliferate the same query and disparate replies around the Forum, you might find it helpful to keep the query all in one place, and in the focused area such as "Tuning" rather than under a general heading such as "chat", which many folks may not see. Also, did you try using the search facility?

If you enter a search query of "alloy tyre 13 inch" you will get about 15 to 18 (I forgot to note the number!) different threads, and you will see from the titles about half a dozen which, if not answering your query immediately will give you a wealth of pertinent background information, and may help stop you going down blind alleys that others have found before you.

Half the fun of owning and restoring a car like the 126 is that after over 20 years of changing ownership, different production runs, imports, exports and goodness knows what else, no two cars are ever the same, so knowing little snippets about what other people have found before you can be invaluable in giving an insight as to what works and what doesn't, what might be worth a punt and what will be money down the drain.

Of course I am as guilty as anyone else of just putting up the query in a new thread, but the response you get will depend very much on who happens to be on the forum at the time, whereas running a few searches will get you far more information (and often far more *interesting* information) from years gone by. 

Fat650

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 01:25:01 PM »
I'll be able to answer this question within the next month or so. I'm doing a brake upgrade and going a set of  13 inch superlites. My plan is to get the widest tyre under the guards as possible without going with flares.