Author Topic: Cooling system problem...maybe head gasket  (Read 3547 times)

Njkip

• Subscribers
Re: Cooling system problem...maybe head gasket
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2019, 09:44:04 PM »
Hi Pete, that's great thanks....👍

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 12:28:47 PM »
I think you should persevere. When my Bis engine was repaired following the timing chain breaking, I also had the gurgling noises. I got a bit concerned by it, however the car drove fine. The following day the coolant light on the dash lit up, so filled it up with a coolant mix. I opened up the bleed at the front slightly, to allow air to escape. In the next couple of days, I simply filled up with coolant mix when indicator lits up. When the gurgling stopped, tightened the bleed screw. it drives great.

Njkip

• Subscribers
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2020, 07:04:49 PM »
Hi, I'm sure the gasket has gone, I did a gas test on the coolent and it indicated that there is exhaust gases seeping into cooling system. Plus it still bubbles up and throws coolent out of the filler cap....so I have bought a new copper head gasket and thermostat and with the great advice I've had from here I'm gonna get the head checked and skimmed if necessary and keep my fingers crossed. It's only got 17000 miles on and has done very little up to the point I bought it...but I will say it runs great so I can't see there being a catastrophic gasket failure as it does take a long time for the indicator fluid to turn blue on the gas test....thanks for your input tho, contributions are always welcome....