Author Topic: Urgent Help REQUIRED to Register a UK 126  (Read 1324 times)

5816nick

• Subscribers
Urgent Help REQUIRED to Register a UK 126
« on: April 19, 2019, 10:23:11 AM »
Hi, I'm after a bit of advise....

I have rescued AN earlier aircooled UK Fiat 126A - it is in very good condition  and won't want much work to put it back on the road, it is from a deceased estate and unfortunately there is No log book and the registration plates have been removed however The chassis plate is still attached.

it is chassis number 4584252

How do i work out what year it is?

I want to get it back on the road As soon as possible but would need to find out the registration number to apply for a UK logbook

Can the DVLA give the registration number from the chassis number supplied, or am i going to need a bit of help from you guys and obtain a letter stating the year of manufacture and trying to get an age related plate?

Thanks Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nick

michaelodonnell500

Re: Urgent Help REQUIRED to Register a UK 126
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 10:32:57 AM »
Hi Nick.
Never had to do this myself but it would appear that a v62 with a cover letter explaining why the registration number is unknown. A letter of sale from the estate would be good if you have one.

Someone has uploaded email correspondence between them and the DVLA. Most of it is repetition, but the first responses from DVLA look quite helpful. See the link below.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/reg_from_vin_number
Rust does not discriminate

Bar Vitelli

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 04:15:55 PM »
That chassis number sounds like it is from either 1976 or 1977. If it has deep dish wheels I would say it was from 1976, if it has the later ones with the black Fiat hubcaps on it is probably from 1977. Post some pictures if you can as it would be great to see it and it should help provide some more clues.

:thumbup
Every cloud has one...

1973/126

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 07:26:26 AM »
 Unfortunately DVLA won't be able to give you the REG number from the chassis number. Also it is possible that it is not on they records anymore if it has been off the road for long time.
 You'll most likely have to re register the car, so you'll need a dating certificate from Fiat UK. Might need a NOVA as well, or you have to explain to them what happened and why the car hasn't got a reg number.

Did it come with any documents at all? Maybe and old TAX disc, or any old photographs so you could work out what the registration number was?
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126