Author Topic: Greetings ;)  (Read 1300 times)

BHBASS

Greetings ;)
« on: October 04, 2015, 12:07:39 AM »
Good evening, fellow 126 fans  :)

My name is Wojtek and these days I live in Essex. I have recently finished restoration of a classic scooter of mine and since it used to have one of my three 126ps for company back in the day, I am thinking of starting a 126p restoration project. Have a good vision in my head and a few days ago, I started thinking of adding the cherry on top in the shape of proper De Ville convertible roof. A short research tells me that all the 'soft' parts are available in abundance, but it also needs fittings, which are the 'hard' part integrated with the roof and are not that easy to get.

Cutting to the chase  8) Since the UK is one country where there used to be quite a few of them, I am thinking of finding one here. What I need is a complete rust bucket with just the roof reasonably intact. Or just the roof which can be welded onto another 126 on its own. Would appreciate if someone could share the information about one at a local scrap heap or his/her backyard. All for a good cause ;) Needless to say, I want to pay reasonable money for it.

Alternatively, I would appreciate a few pictures (ideally some blueprint-like drawings with dimensions, but that's probably a bit much) of the interior metal sunroof frame, including the front bit, as I see it is different from a standard 126. If someone has any 'work in progress' pictures with the canvas, etc. taken off, it would also be really welcome. Or perhaps an opportunity to take a few pictures of it myself.

Once again, greetings and thanks. Hope I am not being too forward here.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:22:28 AM by BHBASS »