Author Topic: Condenser and points  (Read 1263 times)

Paullou126

Condenser and points
« on: March 05, 2019, 09:58:55 PM »
Hi just had a condenser go on me after only been fitted for 3 weeks my condenser is fitted to the top off the distributor cap with one of the screws that hold it down it’s a magneti marelli distributor is this ok or should it be on the side of the distributor if so is it a special screw that holds it in.
How di I check and adjust the points can I do this without having to re set the timing thanks for the help

Gadge

• Subscribers
Re: Condenser and points
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 10:39:15 AM »
The condenser should be on the side. Sometimes if the little screw that holds it vibrates off and the condenser falls off and as the screw is lost as a quick fix you can use the cap screw to fix it to the body to get you home. I’ve actually done this myself lol

Points adjustment is dead simple on the marelli distributor you just insert a small Allen key through a hole in the distributor body and turn the Allen bolt on the points to open or close them. Personally it’s better to remove the distributor to do this as by moving it even slightly will put your timing out anyway.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 10:45:51 AM by Gadge »
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

Paullou126

Re: Condenser and points
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 10:45:47 AM »
Hi yeah it’s a bis it was like this when I got it I didn’t think at first but it just didn’t look right I will see if I can find a small screw and refit it on the side will it make any difference the the running or how long the condenser will last do you think