Author Topic: Festival Italia at Brands Hatch, Sunday 13th August 2017  (Read 15330 times)

Amateb8

• Subscribers
Re: Festival Italia at Brands Hatch, Sunday 13th August 2017
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2017, 01:06:37 PM »
Oh, if you have a new oil dipstick, that would be great. Every time, I pull mine out to check the oil level, the rubber stays on the block. Is this fixable?

Gadge

• Subscribers
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2017, 01:11:49 PM »
I don't have a spare dipstick but I do have a brand new rubber if you want it? It sounds like the rubber has perished
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2017, 01:38:07 PM »
I actually bought the rubber separately, so it is new from Ricambio. I sort of help it out (with a screw driver so it stays with the stick) when I pull out the dipstick.

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2017, 01:57:44 PM »
Just had a message from Tony Harrison who's managed to get a press pass so he will be taking photos of our 126's and Lancia's on the parade lap [emoji991]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

midvillesb

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2017, 10:15:40 PM »
Just heading off to bed for an early start tomorrow.  The car has been playing up a bit today, bogging down and misfiring on hard acceleration from idle when hot, I've retuned it this evening so hopefully we'll be ok tomorrow but will be packing some tools just in case...

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2017, 10:27:57 PM »
Who ever gets there first could they start to organise the stand please [emoji846]by that I mean all the Lancia's together - all the 126's together - the 2 x 500's + the Panda [emoji209] + the 131 at the end. Hoping to be down there early but just in case Thanks [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midvillesb

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2017, 07:46:37 AM »
We've just stopped off the M25 for a couple of mins and I've realised that I've left the sodding tickets at home on the kitchen table. Clare is going to send me photos of them but if one of you happens to read this and can let the organisers know, that would be great...

max

• Fiat 126elx Orange LHD 1997
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2017, 08:00:50 AM »
Got to the petrol station round the corner from home to fill up and petrol cap lock is stuck! Key won't budge it!

Called rescue service, so hopefully they can help get it off soon.

Bar Vitelli

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2017, 08:24:47 AM »
Keep at it, it's happened to mine a couple of times but will eventually come loose as if there was never a problem.  :thumbup
Every cloud has one...

max

• Fiat 126elx Orange LHD 1997
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2017, 12:18:59 PM »
We made it!

Lots of oil and twisting, got the petrol cap off. Got a temporary petrol cap from the petrol station.

willhaughton

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2017, 06:47:18 PM »
Hi guys, I'm yet to introduce myself here, but in short, my name's Will and I have a 1999 126p which needs a lot of work. Anyway, I have quite a few photos of the 126s from today's parade lap, so I'll upload them somewhere and put the link here in a couple of days. :)

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2017, 09:50:18 PM »
I got back home safely. Firstly, many thanks to Midvillesb for spotting and letting me know about the fuel leak. Secondly, thank you to, the Scottish gentleman who drives a Fiat 500 who kindly lent me his vice grip and ties. It was all I needed to get me home - many thanks again. I owe the two of you a pint or two. Finally, many thanks also for everyone's advice and support, Pete et al.

When I got home, the car did not reek with the smell of fuel for the first time in years. It think there was already a tiny leak for some time, and sort of worsened today. Anyway, the mystery of smell of fuel has been solved - at last.

I am very pleased with the car's performance on the way home. I was telling Pete how the car felt lethargic on the way to Brands Hatch and of course, the smell of fuel. It was a bad omen.

Quite pleased to meet old and new faces today. The drive around the circuit was worth it despite the number of cars!!! I'd love to do it again next year!!

Hope everyone got home safely.

Cheers,
Angelo 

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2017, 12:43:23 AM »
That's good news Angelo at least you'll be able to get it sorted now :thumbup

Big Thank You to everyone who turned up hope you guy's had a great day the cars, the racing and to finish with the parade lap is just the icing on the cake :yahoo:

Now the serious bit

Don't forget to pay the Dartford Crossing Toll By Tonight (Monday) or they will send you a hefty Fine

[PAY HERE]

midvillesb

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2017, 09:13:58 AM »
Pete, thanks so much for organising the stand - it was the best show I've been to in a long time, would be great if we would make it a whole Club126 weekend next year, the camping facilities looked good. Great to see old faces and new.

Thanks also for the reminder about the Dart charge which as usual I'd completely forgotten about...

Angelo, glad to hear that you got home without any problems. Looks like I finally got the mixture on mine sorted, it ran faultlessly on the way home despite the big jam on the M25 before the crossing.

Will (and Pete), look forward to seeing your photos!

Cheers, Mike

willhaughton

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2017, 11:29:36 AM »
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/no0bi57zg26q8dc/AAATpzGZ37jL8ij8AiJpg4Ysa?dl=0

Here you go, these are the best I have. Some of them are a bit fuzzy or out of focus, but they should mostly be okay :)