Author Topic: i'm a newbie!  (Read 4200 times)

green-fly

i'm a newbie!
« on: June 14, 2005, 10:06:41 PM »
Hi all,
just wanted to catch up with you all and let you know i bought the little green 126 on ebay last week.. (got a bit carried away with the bidding but it was so worth it!)

if you didn't see the listing, the car is immaculate- 8150 miles since new, (1975),the boot and engine are in mint condition and the interior doesn't really look like its ever been sat in!  i've never seen a car this good.

I hope to trundle off to the shows in it soon and pamper it as it's last owner has for all these years, he made notes of every penny spent on  it!

I briefly owned a bis years ago (had a sunroof with the clip not working so had to drive and hold onto the roof with string on the journey home! also overheated/fuel evaporated when hot and wouldn't start for ages.

hope to see you all at the shows,(Chris- hope the cheque arrived)
cheers
Brett :wink:

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
i'm a newbie!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 01:15:56 AM »
Hi m8 its good to see you on here!!! yes i got you cheque im waiting for embroidered badges to be made, but i will send everyting else off asap.

There will be mopre stuff thougout the year sent to you,

also out first BBQ meet will be held soon as soon as mine is fit and well

The club has only been runninga  few months and its good to see people like you joining. you car is excellnt by the way, im quite jealous i saw it on ebay was lovely!!!!

kind regards and thanks for the post, keep posting!!!!

Chris Lakin
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

slater

• http://www.retro-rides.com
i'm a newbie!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 06:32:03 AM »

Steve

i'm a newbie!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 09:08:02 AM »
:shock:   ?2300!?  

It does look fantastic and I'm very jealous.   8)

dajwid

• Subscribers
Looks great
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 09:19:45 AM »
It looks really fantastic.  Pleased it is as good in real life as it looked on E-bay.
2300 is not too much, it's worth every penny.

I'm jealous too.

Dave

Chris Lakin

i'm a newbie!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 11:05:45 AM »
Green fly where abouts are you?? i hope you can make the BBQ meet this summer. We would all love to see your prime example of a 126.

The summer meet will be held at runnymede,

kind regards

Chris Lakin

green-fly

.lil' green'un
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 11:09:19 AM »
Aw..thanks you guys!! you've made me feel a lot better..its only my bank manager and family i need to convince now!
i won't harp on about the condition of it only to say i was stunned when i viewed the car, there is no rust anywhere and the paint has that deep shine, the boot doesn't look like its seen daylight in 30 years!

One question.. anyone know of a good make of oil to use? i'm going to change it,it was done 2000 miles ago but that was in 1979!!  :shock:

look forward to meeting everyone and seeing your cars, i'm in Peterborough Chris,(about 45 miles north of Cambridge)
 Runnymede will be an epic journey but i'd love to make it.. will let you know

cheers and thanks again
Brett

fiatfsm

i'm a newbie!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 06:10:22 PM »
You lucky man!!! That car looked gorgeous, to be honest I reckon the price is OK as a 500 in that condition would easily make ?5000 or more. Just look after her well thats all, so many 126s rust away its criminal. Please change that oil asap as that wont do her any good, just a good quality 10/40 mineral is fine like GTX. I am so jealous! How about the Fiat Motor Club national on Sunday... Enfield?
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

Chris Lakin

i'm a newbie!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 06:18:22 PM »
thats sounds like fun fiatfsm, i have a trapped nurve in my back to add to my problems. We need to get a whole list of possible adventures to attend.

Chris

green-fly

i'm a newbie!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 06:19:11 PM »
thanks fiatfsm.. i am grinning like a cheshire cat i have to admit!  i need to get the servicing taken care of and then see about shows, the car is being transported down to me from up north so it will be middle of next week when i get her..  fear not she will be pampered, will get some photo's up soon..

i still need to join fiat gb motor club..will do asap and see about next shows,
cheers mate   :wink: