Author Topic: oil pump capacity  (Read 2702 times)

126dave

oil pump capacity
« on: January 20, 2007, 06:16:24 PM »
:?:   im thinking of moving my oil cooler to the front panel of the car,would the oil pump cope with the extra pipe run?? would it be capable of bleeding the new pipe work?? i guess the pipe work would give me another litre or so as an added benifit to the cooling im gna need.

as usual,answers on the back of a fiver to uncle dave  :cool:
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
oil pump capacity
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 06:38:33 PM »
is it necessary? will it make that much of a difference? Sounds like alot of hard work, may spoil front end?

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

126dave

oil pump capacity
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 06:45:10 PM »
chris,just back from kl,temps there are 34c daytime...........and average highway speeds are 50-60 mph........im not gna house it in the panel,just hang it out and under the front to get some air through it........... :wink:

Pete126

• Administrator
oil pump capacity
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 10:46:48 PM »
A few thoughts Dave. not sure about the lengh of pipe, but looking at your setup before you move it you could extend the in/out pipes by 10ft and see what happens,
another idea would be to leave the cooler where it is and fabricate an air box ( i think the air cleaner box from a golf injection might do)  for the back of the cooler include two 120mm 12v computer cooling fans inplace of the filter, then you could pipe cooler air from the outside of the car, or you may even be able to move the cooler out of the engine bay and fit it in the rear quarter panel with external grill and fan assist. just a few things to mull over.
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

bis13

oil pump capacity
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 10:50:02 PM »
put it in the passenger seat and hire a boy to fan it as you drive along!! or strap it to him and make him sit on the roof! what do ya think.

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
oil pump capacity
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 11:49:52 PM »
oh nice one dave, sorry i forgot about KL, yes defo worth it in that case!!!

bit extreme that Mick? bet Josh is as good as gold, as he knows if hes naughty he will become his dads 126 wing walker.  :lol:

interesting little project, if global warming continues at the rate it is here we might need to be using the same mod!  :lol:

hope you had a good time in KL mate

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

126dave

oil pump capacity
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 06:57:51 PM »
so,did the 500 racers hang the cooler out front?....i know the 600's had a radiator up front...........

im back to the idea of the cooler at the front of the car.....

126dave

oil pump capacity
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 07:43:47 PM »
well i have searched a lot but cannot find any help regarding this topic,i dont really wana just connect up long pipes and risk running a bearing,and also there is the risk of low psi at start up if draindown occures,so unless i can find someone who has deff info i shall deferr this pariculer mod......i might just re position the cooler out back in an air ram/naca duct thingy..... :smt048