Author Topic: Pricey-est 500 ever ?  (Read 4468 times)

drcdb15

Pricey-est 500 ever ?
« on: September 28, 2017, 09:54:09 PM »
We've seen some crackers on here price-wise, but I don't think even Chris Evans had the ambition shown by this seller, did he?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C895382

Whilst the performance is good, surely it's not *that* much more than can be obtained by much cheaper modifications. Isn't 30bhp possible simply by changing to the Panda 30 head and a bigger carburettor? OK, maybe not quite that simple, but say the basic car even restored is worth £10K, add the engine mods for another £10K (more like £500 I'd have thought, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt), that's £20K.

That leaves another £45,000 of value being claimed. It's one of only 20 made. Big deal, only about the same number of CC Zeros were made. Many cars were made in similar low numbers, and sure they're rare, but rarity alone is no guide to value. So the name, the je ne sais quoi of Abarth... Hmm, So Abarth breathed on this model - but then they did on lots of models, and it's not as if they got something magical out of the 500 that no-one else could achieve, lots of folks have tuned the 500 engine to similar and even higher power levels....

So I am really struggling to see anything here that remotely justifies the price tag. Any ideas, what am I missing ?

stuey

• Subscribers
Re: Pricey-est 500 ever ?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 09:59:32 PM »
Nice price or crack pipe? hmmm
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

DEYAN IYI

• Bulgarian Polski FIAT 126p Fanclub
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 05:11:08 AM »
Well, the price is the one that someone is ready to give. In this case, since it is a real Abarth made car, it is OK. Someone would decide that is good to put money in this rather than buying gold or a pacific islet. There are lots of cars sold on auctions for millions and it is hard to tell why. Other thing if it is "someone's" car... Who the... is Alice? :$ Or we got someone that does not want to sell his car, just trying the market :P

1973/126

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 06:36:13 AM »
 Makes this one look like a bargain  :P
 I know which one I would choose. Better check them lottery numbers again...
 http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C922478
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

max

• Fiat 126elx Orange LHD 1997
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 10:39:10 PM »
I've seen the Steyr Puch race car. We were parked next to it at a vintage car boot sale back in the summer. Its a pretty nice car and sounds amazing.

I would of guessed it was worth about £15k to £20k. Not £55k!

500EFI

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 03:13:29 AM »
well.. I'm from the 500 world...
and the car is lacking some details....
if it were genuine then £50k+ is the going rate
how much would you pay for a lump of coal? but cook it under pressure and it becomes a huge diamond worth £millions
But that said... there are 00s of Fake Abarths, and there was a huge discussion some years ago about one that seemed to be the same numbers as one in the Abarth Museum... and it came with full documentation...
I was going to buy one.. but far too risky with such numbers involved...
I would never buy one without real expert analysis...

but that said.. what is the current going rate for a 500 Jolly.. much less of the original Fiat 500 car left after the doors and roof removed.. ... considering there are really only about 20-25 true original 500 Jolly's there seems to be lots for sale... and who wouldn't when thy haven been known to sell for up to $100k.. but to the trained eye.. most are fakes...

There is a Fiat 126 I was looking for.... "126p Wadera. " anyone got one for the same price as a 126?

drcdb15

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 04:27:49 PM »
Well whatever rate these cars are being offered at, it doesn't seem to be the "going" one - since both are still listed on Car & Classic, but were first advertised back in September/October, I guess that neither of them is 'going' anywhere, anytime soon  :P

DEYAN IYI

• Bulgarian Polski FIAT 126p Fanclub
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 06:29:52 PM »

Rubyoptics

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 08:37:36 PM »
well.. I'm from the 500 world...
and the car is lacking some details....
if it were genuine then £50k+ is the going rate
how much would you pay for a lump of coal? but cook it under pressure and it becomes a huge diamond worth £millions
But that said... there are 00s of Fake Abarths, and there was a huge discussion some years ago about one that seemed to be the same numbers as one in the Abarth Museum... and it came with full documentation...
I was going to buy one.. but far too risky with such numbers involved...
I would never buy one without real expert analysis...

but that said.. what is the current going rate for a 500 Jolly.. much less of the original Fiat 500 car left after the doors and roof removed.. ... considering there are really only about 20-25 true original 500 Jolly's there seems to be lots for sale... and who wouldn't when thy haven been known to sell for up to $100k.. but to the trained eye.. most are fakes...

There is a Fiat 126 I was looking for.... "126p Wadera. " anyone got one for the same price as a 126?

errrrrrrrrrrrr......

https://archiwum.allegro.pl/oferta/fiat-126p-wadera-fsm-fso-obrso-i7036209689.html