Author Topic: finned drums  (Read 2457 times)

126dave

finned drums
« on: September 08, 2006, 07:07:04 PM »
not sure if this should in the wanted section................did /was there ever finned drums made for the 126 as after market parts?? maybe in poland?..id like some for the rear of mine,im going to do a rebuiled on the back end and thought some nice alloy/whatever cast finned drums might be nice??.......i really dont want to go for the rear disc set up,thats over kill for my moddest :oops:  power output.
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

hudsonhenry

• http://www.retro500.com
finned drums
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 09:05:45 PM »
I'm not sure about cast drums with fins but you can get grooved drums, I can't remember who makes them but I was offered a set by Jimmy at Ital Corsa.
http://www.retro500.com the site dedicated to modified Fiat 500's

Pete126

• Administrator
finned drums
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 11:01:15 PM »
Hi Dave, the only people i know that maybe able to help are minisport, they do alloy finned drums for the classic mini, but there supplier may do different sizes. its worth an email.

Pete
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

126dave

finned drums
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 07:41:29 PM »
thats a good idea,but will be pricey i guess........i just was wondering if there was anything that had been made in the '70's or still was being made by the poles...........i dont really need them,its just that it would be nice to fit them and know that it was all smart behind the wheels after my rebuiled!!....anoraky i know.............

if not i'l just sand blast and paint the drums.mmmnn back plates/trailing arms gloss black and drums in red.....luverly......who says i got too much time on my hands!!!!!
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

Pete126

• Administrator
finned drums
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 09:57:16 PM »
The mini drums are £80 each, arn't they the same pcd 98mm. seeing you've got so much time on your hands why not adapt a pair of mini back plates to fit the yellow monster, The Car looks Great! just seen the pics.

Pete.
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo