Author Topic: Piston ring set for 82mm 750cc cylinder kit  (Read 1761 times)

Tate

Piston ring set for 82mm 750cc cylinder kit
« on: May 30, 2012, 06:02:53 PM »
Does somebody know where I could buy/order piston ring set for my 750cc cylinder kit? When I got the kit sadly one of the piston rings was broken. I have tried to ask from all fiat tuning companys which I know and none of them can supply them. Only one company has told me that they can order them from Italy but the price is quite salty as I would say..  :-X

Please help I you have any ideas where to buy them...
Fiat 126 -73 project
2 x BMW E21

grubscrew

Re: Piston ring set for 82mm 750cc cylinder kit
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 08:12:50 PM »
try Nanni Ricambi ,Bologna in italy the 500 engine tuner parts etc. They have a weird way of paying for stuff, as it comes by DHL to your door then you have to pay the driver in Euro`s or pound notes for the goods. Michael
All things Italian.

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »
I think I would be looking here

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/DEVES-Piston-Rings-82mm-Bore-1-5mm-1-5mm-4mm-p/deves-82-1.5-1.5-4.htm

Don't forget you can re-gap the rings if they are a sightly larger diameter.
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

Tate

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 04:50:14 AM »
try Nanni Ricambi ,Bologna in italy the 500 engine tuner parts etc. They have a weird way of paying for stuff, as it comes by DHL to your door then you have to pay the driver in Euro`s or pound notes for the goods. Michael

Yes I have just tried their service  :o I just made an order last week to ask how much is the shipping to Finland. Well a couple of days went and one day UPS guy calls me that he has something for me from Italy.... And you had to pay it once you got it. Product + shipping.. :$

I have had troubles communicating with Nanni. As far as I know they speak only italian or spanish. I have called once and they didn't speak english at all. With emails its the same thing.. Now I've tried to send emails in italian using google translator..  :)
Fiat 126 -73 project
2 x BMW E21

grubscrew

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »
Yes NANNI are a trifle difficult to comunicate with. However the previous thread for vw air cooled stuff is a great idea, but are the vw rings okay to put on the fiat piston ie groove/ring movement. Im sure it is or else it would`nt be suggested I suppose.Mike.
All things Italian.

Tate

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 07:54:25 PM »
Yes.. I think that is too big risk to buy for example that VW set and try what happens. If somebody want's to know a quality set of piston rings will cost around £90 (incl. postage) from Italy.. That seems to be the only option right now..
Fiat 126 -73 project
2 x BMW E21

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 08:35:15 PM »
If the rings measure the same as DEVES Piston Rings, 82mm Bore, 1.5mm Top, 1.5mm Middle, 4mm Oil, you should not have a problem with fitting them, Most engine parts are generic these days but different motor manufactures have different prices for the same part, We have a Fiat ducato van and needed to replace a faulty sensor on the fuel rail, The price was £467 from Fiat The same part from Ford was £280 Guess which one we fitted ;D If the parts are good enough for a VW There good enough for a Fiat Plus you should be able to buy them Locally :D 
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo