Author Topic: Bis power improvement  (Read 8051 times)

fightingtorque

Re: Bis power improvement
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2009, 08:02:15 PM »
couple more things.  I will also put some pics up at some point.

there are two main approaches to fuel injection (not including direct injection which would need a comprehensive mod to the cylinder head and likely isn't possible).

one is to position the injectors so they have line of sight to the back of the inlet valve, then you inject while the valve is closed and the fuel warms up on the back of the valve so that when it opens it gets drawn in, and is atomised by the heat and the air inflow. 

the other way is to try to atomise the fuel as it goes into the moving airflow, i.e. when the valve is open and the engine is drawing air.  this is what a carburettor effectively does and our system to some extent reproduces this effect but with electronic metering.  the cinquecento system (i think, probably) may work in the same way - I have a cinq sporting which has a single injector in the throttle body which injects fuel into the airstream.

if you can make a new inlet manifold, or modify the existing one, to take a pair of injectors that have line of sight to the inlet valves, or at least can be sure that all the fuel from one injector goes down one port and the fuel from the other goes to the other port, then probably you could make it work that way.  if not, and I suspect that to be the case, especially when you consider the protruding head nuts in their pockets which will trap fuel and randomly release it, then the singlepoint method is probably better.

so probably you want to rob the bits from a singlepoint car like the cinq.  that is what the polish person had done, basically using the throttle body and injector.

he put the lambda sensor in the back of the silencer, I have also done this, although I am not running closed loop control at the moment, but I do have a wideband lambda sensor to give air:fuel ratio information for setting up.

more on all this later, time to help put the children away....

fightingtorque

Re: Bis power improvement
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2009, 05:55:36 PM »
I put a couple of photos on facebook, there is a fiat 126 group on there as well.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=639571666&ref=nf

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=4964457269&ref=mf

not sure if you can link to facebook like that, but if you go on there and search the groups for fiat 126, it should work.