Author Topic: Fiat 126p Restoration Project with a twist!  (Read 5729 times)

F126CR

Fiat 126p Restoration Project with a twist!
« on: April 17, 2016, 09:14:08 PM »
Hi Guys,

New to the forum! Looking to share my current fiat 126 restoration with you guys as im sure you all apprecieate them as much i do myself! so i will get the ball rolling.

Started back in October 2014 came across the car on ebay was in good shape just hadnt been ran for a while and was stood around at the owners house in London. I had found the car during mid week and had literally collected it that weekend knowing this information also due to me wanting to have one for ages! here are a few pictures of  was the current state after being picked up! and at its new home! excuse the mess in  my garage!

F126CR

Re: Fiat 126p Restoration Project with a twist!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 09:24:40 PM »
After tying to contain my excitement throught the week of work i literally couldnt wait to get started on stripping the car out with its goodies and make a good start on what was going to be a very long journey!

Started off the process as stated stripping  out the car and scraping away at all soundproofing from the floor and starting on removing any rust that was in sight! once floor pan was scraped and sanded  back to the bare metal, i had cured sections of the rusty floor pan by adding kurust to the areas. once left i then added a metal primer coation to keep the treatment shielded from weathering.

F126CR

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 09:25:59 PM »
Forgot the PICS!!

F126CR

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 09:40:54 PM »
once the inside had been brought up to the best that i could have done i then started to repeat the process from interior to the exterior of the car! as unfortunately when stripping the car back had also found points of rust in the outside which also needed sanding back and trating to! which as repeated on inside was same process on outside by going back to metal and so on so forth.

more PICCYS!

F126CR

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 09:43:41 PM »

F126CR

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 09:54:36 PM »
Once the outside areas had been followed up with a bit of TLC had the next job of engine bay and also engine removal to obviously car out the work not that it was much toube as the aircooled engines have around 4 cables feeding it electrical wise. and weighs the same as a tyre!  anyway the work was carried out so the pprep could be dont to the bay!!

Once again more pics!

F126CR

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 10:00:55 PM »
Once engine was removed and bay wal also treated it then meant the car could be progreesed on to the next stage! which is where the fun kinda begins!! will update on it tomorrow as getting late in the night now! but do keep watching as will be more posts and updates with next few days to show just how much the car has came! sorry for spamming it up tonight! but hope you enjoy so far!!

leave it on this note! as a little teaser!

Fat650

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 01:19:00 PM »
where will you get the full rubber kit from when you put it all back together? I'm finding it hard to find anything....

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 09:53:50 PM »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m_qR82Yyzw[/youtube]

Got a message through facebook  that there was a guy  looking for a stand to show his modified 1999 Fiat 126, the car is 90% finished and fitted with a Seicento 1100cc sporting engine and full Hydraulic Suspension the whole installation is awesome 8)

Thanks Carl for bringing your 126 along it certainly was a crowd stopper...

Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

Gadge

• Subscribers
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 07:16:47 AM »
Now that's what I call an engine upgrade!  :D why people mess around trying (and failing) to squeeze a bike engine into the back of a 126 when they could simply keep it fiat and install one of thses! Fantastic looking car (bit too low for my taste) top job :thumbup
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

stuey

• Subscribers
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 09:20:54 PM »
Just love it! I really want to see this in the flesh!
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 10:45:27 PM »
Fantastic looking car (bit too low for my taste) top job :thumbup

Only when its resting :P By the way you can't see it but all the wheel arches have been stiffened and upgraded to cope with the Hydraulic Dampers ;D
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo