Author Topic: 1990 Bis rolling restoration.  (Read 22472 times)

Henmiester

Re: 1990 Bis rolling restoration.
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 11:29:30 PM »
Its cost about £80.00 for 42sq ft of silent coat. Thats done the floor, roof, doors, engine bay, rear quarters, footwells. You dont need to cover everything about 70% coverage will give good results. I then got some 9mm foam insulation on top of that a further 40quid. Its not cheap but a lot cheaper than dynamat. Its adds about 6kg i think but makes the car so much easier to drive on a long journey.  The roof and engine bay made the most difference. Stops all the panels resonating and amplifying any sounds.

poxxxy

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2014, 01:04:36 AM »
I'll try and measure up my headlining that's out of the car for you. I might be tempted to do a little sound proofing!
My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90

dom.kellett

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2014, 09:40:34 PM »
Ok then thankyou :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henmiester

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 07:28:32 PM »
Been using the car to get to work all this week. Developed a big flat spot on acceleration. Decided to have a look at it today. Found out the choke had come disconnected and the inlet manifold was loose at it was missing a bolt. Sorted it all out and it runs like a dream now. Even sorted out another annoying rattle. This time it was the air box not seated properly. Nice a quiet now with all the soundproofing its had. Just the rush of wind from the doors to sort. Still to do the electric fuel pump i bought months ago. Might do it this weekemd if i get chance.

Gadge

• Subscribers
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 09:18:49 PM »
If you do fit the pump can you put some photos up :) I'm thinking of doing the same but not sure on the best way to wire it up.
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

andyzeetec

• Subscribers
  • 126 BIS
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 09:45:51 PM »
Gadge, checkout Petes post here...  http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8016.0

If you do fit the pump can you put some photos up :) I'm thinking of doing the same but not sure on the best way to wire it up.

Henmiester

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2014, 09:38:58 PM »
Just a quick update,  Tried the electric fuel pump and fuel regulator, gave up. Leaked fuel everywhere, will try again when warmer.  Fixed a few electrical issues, rear fog light, bulb not earthing properly. Quick clean up of the electric points sorted that.  Heater blower now has two speeds, The plastic prong inside the switch had worn down. Made a few mods so it would stick out further, now works fine.  One of the bulbs on the dash wasn't working, so dash out and a quick fiddle sorted that. Can see all the dash now.  Just need to fix the broken speedo cable when it arrives.  Been buying parts from Poland through my cousin over there to replace all the rear end suspension, brakes, etc.  Hoping to have all new running gear for when my son passes his test.  Done a few more miles now, car running fine, definitely benefits from regular running. Changed the front indicators to clear ones.

Henmiester

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2014, 01:01:54 PM »
Fixed the speedo cable. Replaced both the outer and inner cable. Wished i hadnt as it was a right pain. But the outer cable was also knackered so had no chioce. Seats out. Carpet out. Air box out. Took a while to do. But at least the speedo works. Whilst under the car fitted a new gear linkage rubber bellows. Took car for a spin and everything was going great until i lost third gear and then couldnt get reverse. Must have not put the lollypop back on correctly or something has moved as i got all gears to start with. Old headlining went back in had to use strong glue to stick it on. Hopefully it wont fall down this time. Getting a little peeved off with him. Just when you think your getting somewhere. Something else goes wrong. But thats the charm with these little cars. Lol. Need to sort out some photos.

andyzeetec

• Subscribers
  • 126 BIS
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2014, 08:00:23 PM »
I think once an enthusiast gets one these cars, the to do list is a catch up exercise. once up to the new owners standards, its the odd thing to sort here and there, but as you say thats the joy of these little cars. :)

Henmiester

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2015, 11:18:25 PM »
Had some fun and games with "jeff". Started on boxing day cutting out after a few miles. Leave it a minute and then would start again. Only to do it a few miles later. Searched on here and it looked like i might have rust in the petrol tank. So managed to get a new one. Fitted it today went out for a spin and it started to do it all again. Decided to fill him up as was only 1/4 full. After filling up was like a different car no cutting out. Even got 70mph on the motorway. Got a new glass fuel filter. Even that was full of crap after 30 miles. So i can only conclude it must have been crap fuel or dirt in the carb. Whatever it was its gone i hope. Roll on next week mot time. Once mot'd will change all the suspension and lower it.

Madd

• Poland
    • Street-Roulette
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2015, 10:33:15 AM »
Love this color on BIS.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:36:24 AM by Madd »
Fiat 126 RHD & BOSMAL :) in Poland

Instagram: @madd.moss

Henmiester

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2015, 09:49:34 AM »
Mot time today. Got all the parts ready just in case and took it for a nice long run before. Everything seems to be good. My local garage know what their doing with a car of this age so i'm not too worried, he says.

Henmiester

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2015, 12:57:06 PM »
Car passed its Mot ;D. Next stop full suspension overhaul with all the new parts i have aquired over the last twelve months. Really happy.

Gadge

• Subscribers
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2015, 01:29:07 PM »
Great stuff! :D another 126 back on the road
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

Henmiester

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2015, 10:58:46 PM »
Just spent all day put the lowered leaf spring on with rear air cooled shocks. Cut one coil from the rear springs.  happy with how much its lowered, just need to sort out the steering and everything will be fine. Took me all day because I forgot to put the new shocks on and cutting the rear springs proved to be a pain until I borrowed an angle grinder.  Anyway here's some pictures.