Author Topic: Registering polish car in UK  (Read 3050 times)

Brighton_126

Registering polish car in UK
« on: December 08, 2017, 10:31:06 PM »
Hi,
I am in the process of registering my 126 in the uk and i dont know which logbook to send in with the car as it comes with two, one red book saying 'Karta Pojazdu' and one blue card saying 'Dowod Rejestracyjny'. Can anyone please tell me which one to send to the DVLA.
Kind Regards
Luca

laners99

Re: Registering polish car in UK
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 11:14:17 AM »
Not sure what the red one is, maybe that one says who owns the car and the blue one has the information on the car?  On the 2 ive registered ive sent to blue ones as this is all ove had.

Brighton_126

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 11:26:54 AM »
Ok thanks will do that, apparently they don't use the red books in Poland anymore it's all done by computer now but it tells you all of the information about the car and who it was owned by etc

dmck126fsm

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 03:19:11 PM »
Hi im a new member and i am looking to bring a FSM126 over from poland in easter. Can you please give me any tips or tell me of any issues you have had importing and registering.

Regards

Danny

dmck126fsm

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 12:29:02 PM »
If i insure the vin number can i drive from uk port to home or does it have to be trailered. If it needs trailering can anyone reccomend someone.

Brighton_126

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 12:48:58 PM »
You should be able to with polish insurance and polish reg documents. are you english or polish nationality because i think that also makes a difference.

Brighton_126

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 01:00:12 PM »
i have just looked up and you will probably have to transport from port as it says "DVLA advises you to transport your vehicle from the port, rather than driving it. UK residents aren't allowed to use non-UK registered vehicles on UK roads. The only exceptions are if you: work in another European Union (EU) member state and use an EU-registered company car temporarily in the UK"

dmck126fsm

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 04:54:24 PM »
Brighton_126

Thanks for the info im British. So the plan is now to insure the car in Poland to drive to Dover and then transport it to Epping to get it moted and registered than insured in the uk with Thatcham 1 (A PLAN INSURANCE) for £130 fully comp.

GT500

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 07:32:56 AM »
You are allowed to drive from the port to your house even with no plates on. I have done it with mustangs when shipped in.

Glad you made it ok. Quite a drive!!