Author Topic: WOT HAVE I DONE !  (Read 2150 times)

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
WOT HAVE I DONE !
« on: July 02, 2009, 12:04:03 PM »
 :oops2: I just spent all of our holiday spending money & have not told my wife :oops:

So I could now be in HOT WATER  </8

On the plus side  [-/ I am now the proud owner of , wait for it!  :)
-
-
-
 </4
-
-
-
The full race/rally spec 800ccs professionaly modified by Italtune with Alquati parts 126 engine, 50+ bhp I am told  :yikes:
all your fault Eklipze  ;D

:wave: :arty: :wave:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 12:10:09 PM by Rusty's Uncle »

Eklipze3k

Re: WOT HAVE I DONE !
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 12:53:39 PM »
LOL!!!

I knew someone on here would snap it up! :D

If your missus asks I'm out of the country indefinitely  :oops:

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 02:33:59 PM »
 :) I must have seen your post just after you stuck it up, rang the guy & he was totaly shocked that he got such a quick response but after a quick chat he gave me first refusal but I had to wait until this morning to get down there so a lot of exitement & nail biting as I know having been a member of Fiat car clubs for over 30 years that genuine Alquati parts only fall from the bottoms of Rocking Horses & you have got about as much chance of coming across a complete engine (all be it part dismantled) as you have to win the national lottery. As the engine is based on a modified 126 crankcase it seemed only fitting & right that it came back to the 126 folk. Slightly worried about the guy telling me about how steering got a bit vague when you got over 90 mph  ::)
He was quite a special guy as he has 3 Cinquecentos & 1 seicento . One Cinque he drives has a modified 60hp engine & the other he has fitted a Punto Sporting 16v engine & tweeked it to 80+hp. Not bad for a guy who has just celebrated his 70th birthday !
When I got the engine in my boot he asked me if I needed more padding to secure it. I said no problem I do not drive too fast these days. His imediate reply was "I do"
Amazing guy  [-/
Anyway Eklipze you had better keep your head down as my wife grew up in Kinloss & I think she went to school in Elgin so she knows the territory & is a dead shot with a cold wheat bag ! </4

stuey

• Subscribers
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 03:32:43 PM »
awesome cant wait so see some pics of the horse pooe!!!
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 03:35:20 PM »
was it on ebay? or listed on the forum?

looking forward to seeing some pics.

Regards
Chris

+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

Eklipze3k

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 04:06:53 PM »
was it on ebay? or listed on the forum?

I spotted it in the classifieds on Fiat Forum, tbh didn't realise it was that rare

K666STW

• 704cc of pure fury.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 04:28:03 PM »
Sweet!

Have you decided who is getting the engine in your will?
For after the wife kills you. :D

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 05:22:37 PM »
It does not look much at the moment as it has been hiding under a bench for 25 years with the head off but the guy was not only a highly qualified engineer but also spent his working life as a test pilot hence the need for speed! He had the foresight to grease the bores before he laid it up & it turns over very nicely & even better there is no lip at the top of the bores which suggests little wear. I measured the bores & with a diameter of 85 mms that gives a capacity of 795 ccs . Early days but I am going to take my time with this one as I think it is such a rare piece of Fiat tuned engine & proberbly looking at getting it looking good & sorted for next year. I believe that Italtune ceased trading about 25 years ago & Alquati about the same time but not entirely sure on that one , any info appreciated.  [-/

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 05:29:42 PM »
please keep is updated with pictures, would make a great article, maybe practical classics would be interested or one of the italian classic car mags?

Regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

bis13

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 05:59:17 PM »
ha ha i knew you would go bonkers for that!!! i was very tempted to have a look at it myelf but unfortunately i told my wife..... looks like your doing a complete rebuild as i wouldnt hold much hope running on engine seals and gaskets that havent had any heat in them for quarter of a century just look at the state of them in a stock engine !!! if you need any help just let me know . [-/

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 08:59:33 PM »
Looks like its Aldi beans for a while :D  You jammy bugger  [-/
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 01:59:03 PM »
Who dares wins Pete & I have told my kids , my parents , my neighbours & the lady on the checkout at Tesco but not my good lady so I may well yet be bought to justice  :oops:
"Testicalis non connectis" as they say at the Womens Institute or "Scrotum Half Full" could be the order of the day !
Anyway found out more today so I am going to start a new thread  [-/