Author Topic: Coilovers/ride height  (Read 1985 times)

Jake

Coilovers/ride height
« on: December 10, 2018, 08:29:09 PM »
Im looking at lowering my fiat 126, not considerably but enough so it sits nice , i was wondering what is best recommended as i have looked through past posts but most seem to say there is 'no easy way to do it' any suggestions would be appreciated :)

stuey

• Subscribers
Re: Coilovers/ride height
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 06:58:23 AM »
if you're not bothered about adjustability just get a reverse spring and a set of lower rear springs, most suppliers do a kit with shocks to suit, coilovers are great but can work out quite expensive so if all you are after is a slightly lower stiffer ride then a new spring/shock kit is your best option.
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

Jake

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 05:33:59 PM »
Thanks, do you have any reccomendations on kits or have you tried any yourself ?

stuey

• Subscribers
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 07:18:14 AM »
To be honest I ran a reverse eye spring from prioretti  and used cut springs on the rear but you can get the spring kits from them here- http://www.fiat500.cc/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=72

They also sell shocks but its up to you as to how much you want to spend, stock air cooled rear shocks go well on the front for lowering and you might find the stock rears have enough travel, a little trial and error is the way to find you ideal set up, it just depends how deep your pockets are...
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

Jake

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 02:22:33 PM »
Thank you :) will defo look into the reverse eye springs , i sppreciate your help

Allan

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 02:19:13 AM »
What about getting the spring reshaped?