Author Topic: Andrea Vencl  (Read 2933 times)

Craig126

Andrea Vencl
« on: October 25, 2015, 04:00:02 PM »
Hi guys.

As per my build thread Im currently building a bike powered car. As I have used wider wheels with a low offset my wheels now stick out of the arches over an inch. My solution to this was to make my own from metal as I was not paying the £1000 for the group 5 arches which are available from the states.

However a week or so ago I stumbled across these on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-126-FENDER-FLARES-KIT-WIDE-BODY-KIT-WHEEL-ARCH-EXTENSION-FIBERGLASS-RACING-/311459906425?hash=item4884750379:g:AkEAAOSwKIpWFC9i

They looked very good and exactly what I was after. The seller Andrea is a great guy. I contacted him with many questions about the arches as I was a little weary of buying overseas. I think most people are weary due to not knowing the quality or reliability of the seller. Every email I sent to Andrea was replied to very quickly answering everything I had asked, In very good English too.

After I was happy and several emails later I ordered a set of the arches. The day the arches were sent for delivery I received an email containing a tracker number for my items. They were sent for delivery 20th and arrived at my door recorded/signed for delivery on the 23rd.

They were very well packed and wrapped in thick cardboard to prevent damage. Happily when I opened them they were fine.

Now the items themselves are great quality. They are well made with no horrible sharp edges or wavy edges. They fit against the car very well and line up great. They don't sit flush on my car due to my aftermarket side skirts but on a standard car they would fit fine I am sure.

I am very happy with these and will make my project look fantastic. I am in talks currently with Andrea regarding fibreglass bonnet and engine covers also to keep my project very lightweight.

Here are some pictures I took when they arrived and quickly mocked up against my car.

I think these look great and exactly what I was looking for. Along with maybe a bonnet and engine cover this will help weight with my project and for the price I am more than happy.