Author Topic: aircooled engine and other bits  (Read 2873 times)

Blumph

aircooled engine and other bits
« on: August 14, 2019, 03:56:41 PM »
hi... been going through the garage and have the following spares I accumulated during the period I had an aircooled 126 (it succumbed to rust eventually). It was always fun to drive, even when first gear stripped and I used it in three speed mode for months!

Rebuilt aircooled 650cc engine:

stripped/cleaned/inspected with new main and rod bearings, honed barrels and new rings, reground valves to head, new timing chain and gears, repainted rocker cover and sump, new gaskets etc. PS if your timing wanders when setting the timing with a timing light, you need to replace the timing chain...mine ran until the cogs on the crank were completely worn away and the timing slipped !). Engine should be ready to run, just needs ancillaries bolting on and fluids added.

New...
throttle cable
corrugated rubber pipe connection between the engine shrouds and the internal heating pipework
air filter
engine mount rubbers (rear mount)
rear engine mount brackets and spring
throttle pedal (i think this is left hand drive as I bought it from abroad and never got around to fitting it!)
gaskets: exhaust, timing case, rocker, oil spinner, carb manifold (looks like a bigger carb than my engine had...)
various o rings and pushrod seals etc.

Used...
2 carburettors, one has a broken choke cable fitting, the other is fine
2 plastic pipes and first rubber pipe from carb to air filter housing
plastic heat resistant block between carb and head
2 exhaust manifolds
engine earth strap
2 used barrels

I thought I'd post here before ebay, I'm located in South Wales. Most stuff can be posted but the engine is collection only due to its weight I think... can send photos of the stuff if required.
Thanks for looking...

Diplomat

Re: aircooled engine and other bits
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 11:25:35 PM »
Hi - I'm really looking for just a 652 crankcase and head only, as I have most other bits to build a spare engine to fit this Winter - could be tempted to purchase a complete engine such as yours - what do you consider the ancillaries needed?  and of course the most important point the price - live in Oxfordshire and could collect at any time to suit you - many thanks

michaelodonnell500

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 10:49:11 AM »
Hi Blumph,
I'm interested in the new carb manifold. Would you be able to send me a few pictures?
I'm also interested in the 2 plastic carb manifolds. I'm hoping you're able to post all 3!

Thanks,

Michael
Rust does not discriminate

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 11:58:56 AM »
Hi - I'm really looking for just a 652 crankcase and head only, as I have most other bits to build a spare engine to fit this Winter - could be tempted to purchase a complete engine such as yours - what do you consider the ancillaries needed?  and of course the most important point the price - live in Oxfordshire and could collect at any time to suit you - many thanks

I have a spare 650 crankcase in good condition and a number of 650 cylinder heads. Located in Chesham, Bucks so not too far away  :)

Blumph

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 08:42:48 PM »
sorry for the delay, Ive been away. I will sort out some pics tomorrow so you can see whats there......
The ancillaries for getting the engine to start are fuel pump, coil, starter motor, flywheel, plugs, plugleads, petrol pipes, wiring . to run for any length of time you would need the tinware/alternator and fan etc.

Blumph

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 02:09:27 PM »
photo
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:14:44 PM by Blumph »

Blumph

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 02:15:44 PM »
second photos

Blumph

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 02:19:11 PM »
other spares....

michaelodonnell500

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 04:23:06 PM »
HI There Blumph,
I mis-read your advert before. If possible I would like to buy the 126 pedal and the carb manifold including postage please.

Thanks,

Michael
Rust does not discriminate

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 08:50:54 AM »
Front passenger side seatbelts?

Blumph

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 05:27:26 PM »
apologies to everyone who's pmd me etc, I've not been able to sort things out due to some problems ...i won't be able to sort it until first week of october , will get back to you when the dust has cleared...

Wonderbadger

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 09:29:22 PM »
How much would you and for the engine? I need to do some work in mine but a rebuilt one might be an option at the right price, saves me doing the work lol.